Scolymia dying from its mouth outwards?

Kmann321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Scolymia was attacked by one of my clowns after a feeding. It has never happened before but I witnessed the clown nipping at the mouth of the Scoly trying to take it's food and then after that the clown would periodically go back and try to nip around its mouth area even days later. Now my Scoly looks like this and has not accepted food for about a week. I have done 2 iodine dips and built a small cage from a lighting diffuser panel I had so the clown could not get at it anymore but its mouth just seems to keep gaping larger and larger as the days go by. Is it a goner? I hope not as it is my favorite coral in my tank Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

15888184673323583370908068790269.jpg

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't look good but don't give up on it just yet, my scoly recovered after being damaged several times by a rouge Crab that came in on my live rock. The cage is a good idea I would just give it some time and I also wouldn't try to feed it until its recovered.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back