Scolymia temperatures

ajtomase

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2020
Messages
368
Reaction score
162
Location
Chandler
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently keep my tank between 78-79 (use a heater and a chiller to consistently keep that 1 degree difference). I just got scolymias and I heard various people say keep the tank between 77-78, but others say that 78-79 will be fine as long as it's consistent.

What is everyone's thoughts?
 
Mine are kept at 77.5, heaters only used during winter months, then fans for summer. Should be fine at temps you mentioned I would assume
 
I currently keep my tank between 78-79 (use a heater and a chiller to consistently keep that 1 degree difference). I just got scolymias and I heard various people say keep the tank between 77-78, but others say that 78-79 will be fine as long as it's consistent.

What is everyone's thoughts?
IMO you should be fine. I ran my tank w/ a scoly at 80F for a couple of months and now I’m running my tank at 77F and haven’t noticed a difference.
 
The question becomes, what does the minor differences in temperature from one tank to the another matter? Are you assuming that all these people that make recommendations on temperature are calibrating their probes to a known standard? And if the answer is no, then what good is their advice?

We are using a rubber ruler to make decisions on things that shouldn't be so complicated.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new