Scolymia temperatures

ajtomase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently keep my tank between 78-79 (use a heater and a chiller to consistently keep that 1 degree difference). I just got scolymias and I heard various people say keep the tank between 77-78, but others say that 78-79 will be fine as long as it's consistent.

What is everyone's thoughts?

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are kept at 77.5, heaters only used during winter months, then fans for summer. Should be fine at temps you mentioned I would assume

JGK17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently keep my tank between 78-79 (use a heater and a chiller to consistently keep that 1 degree difference). I just got scolymias and I heard various people say keep the tank between 77-78, but others say that 78-79 will be fine as long as it's consistent.

What is everyone's thoughts?
IMO you should be fine. I ran my tank w/ a scoly at 80F for a couple of months and now I’m running my tank at 77F and haven’t noticed a difference.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The question becomes, what does the minor differences in temperature from one tank to the another matter? Are you assuming that all these people that make recommendations on temperature are calibrating their probes to a known standard? And if the answer is no, then what good is their advice?

We are using a rubber ruler to make decisions on things that shouldn't be so complicated.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back