Scooter blenny feeding

  • Thread starter Thread starter kim7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kim7

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
75
Reaction score
11
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just got my first dragonet(scooter) from my LFS. He doesnt seem to be picky. I fed him frozen mysis and often times pellets and he would eat it. My question is, how often should he be fed. Ive heard they need to be fed multiple times daily cause of high metabolism. But can I get away with just once a day?
 
Hopefully you have some pods in the tank too. But Ive always fed mine once daily. Congrats on the Pellet feeding. Id would recommend rotating the foods. Mysis wont have a lot of nutrition. Gut loaded brine shrimp is a good one.
 
From what I've read they eat almost constantly all day long...not because of a high metabolism so much as a very short gut. For that reason they are difficult to impossible to maintain with just feedings...even multiple feedings per day. The tank must have a substantial pod population to be successful with them long term. YMMV.
 
For that reason they are difficult to impossible to maintain with just feedings..
Yes and no. I have had a few. But I do have a healthy population of pods generally. My last one had fewer pods in the tank and did well.
 
A stable pod population is key to long term success. Multiple feedings per day is also reccomended to get varied, and more nutrition.

Mine loves cyclops, LRS, and PE mysis.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new