Scooter blenny feeding

kim7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just got my first dragonet(scooter) from my LFS. He doesnt seem to be picky. I fed him frozen mysis and often times pellets and he would eat it. My question is, how often should he be fed. Ive heard they need to be fed multiple times daily cause of high metabolism. But can I get away with just once a day?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully you have some pods in the tank too. But Ive always fed mine once daily. Congrats on the Pellet feeding. Id would recommend rotating the foods. Mysis wont have a lot of nutrition. Gut loaded brine shrimp is a good one.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I've read they eat almost constantly all day long...not because of a high metabolism so much as a very short gut. For that reason they are difficult to impossible to maintain with just feedings...even multiple feedings per day. The tank must have a substantial pod population to be successful with them long term. YMMV.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For that reason they are difficult to impossible to maintain with just feedings..
Yes and no. I have had a few. But I do have a healthy population of pods generally. My last one had fewer pods in the tank and did well.

Best Fish-Jake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A stable pod population is key to long term success. Multiple feedings per day is also reccomended to get varied, and more nutrition.

Mine loves cyclops, LRS, and PE mysis.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back