Scorpionfish ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter foxngn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

foxngn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2015
Messages
246
Reaction score
127
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, could you help to ID which kind of scorpionfish is this ?
It's actually black and white in color, the picture hard to capture it's real color.


EBYcbgF.jpg
 
I really thought I had been researching scorpionfish long enough to give you an answer... More Research.... Always more research...

What was it labeled as? Any idea where it was collected from? what size is it (looks small but how small). Can you get any side profile shots of it?

Whatever it is, it's a beautiful fish!
 
It was wild caught locally in Malaysia.
Size, i would say about 2 & a half inches.
I'll try to see whether i could capture a more clear side shot or not.

The best of all, my friend had trained it to eat pellets.
 
My best guess is Sebastapistes strongia, hopefully someone with much more knowledge than myself will chime in though
 
I was wondering why I didn't see my post, but looks like I replied in your other thread (duplicate?):

Take a look at some photos of Centrogenys vaigiensis, as I think that's what it is. If so, it's not an actual scorpionfish. Check here for more info:

https://reefs.com/2018/05/14/centrogenys-a-confusing-fish-that-makes-no-sense/

Thanks Member Stretch ! I read the articles & the video. It looks exactly the same as the one in my tank.
Haha, can't believe its a fake scorpionfish when it was so much identical.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new