Scott's 20Gal Office Tank

Reefer6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the corals I got in 2 days ago from WWC.
Sorry my pictures are not very good :( only have the mobile phone and skills with tank photography are not up to par yet...lol

Midnight Daisey Clove Polyp:
Midnight Daisey Clove polyp.jpg

Long Polyp GSP for back wall:

long polyp gsp.jpg

Monticap...

Tyree Aequituberulata Monticap.jpg

Start of a Zoa Garden:

Start of Zoa garden.jpg

Fire and Ice...hope colors improve with time...

Fire and Ice (2).jpg

Lazer Lemon: Also not looking great...

Lazer Lemon.jpg

Radioactive Dragon Eye:

radioactive dragon eye.jpg

Whammen Watermellon: This one broke as I was removing it from the frag plug, but was able to save both peices...my first fragging experience..by accident...lol.

Whammen Watermellon.jpg
Hey good taste I started with all of those corals as well. Even same zoas. They have filled in nicely after 18 months. Just be patient. Water changes where big for me in the first year. Main thing is just try to care for what you have. Once it starts to grow... try something else. Great Start!!

OP
OP
Scottrshoe

Scottrshoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One year update on my 20G reef tank

I have learned a LOT...and keep finding out I don't know much. I have had a lot of losses over the last year, infact none of my original inhabitants have survived, save a few of the corals and some CUC.

My Orchid Dottyback and Bicolor blenny we first to go, I believe due to parasites. I treated the tank, but it was too late for them. My Diamond goby survived the longest, however I did not see him for a couple of days, and found him dried up on my desk behind the tank. He must have jumped out during a water change...sad day.

Fire shrimp went missing, and I only have one of my two peppermint shrimp left.

As for corals, all of my soft corals have done well, but I have struggled with the LPS, only recently beginning to have some luck with them. I have not really done anything differently, so I can only attribute it to the maturity of the tank.

My current livestock include:
Lawnmower Blenny
a pair of clowns
Royal Gramma
Skunk cleaner shrimp
Peppermint shrimp
Brittle star
Tuxedo urchin
CUC

Corals:
Various Zoas
mushrooms
Toadstool Leather
GSP on the back glass
small clump of midnight daisy polyps
Kenya tree
Favia
Acan
Duncan
2 hammers
Torch
candycane
2 octospawns
and 2 rockflower anemones

I have also made some equipment changes...
I got rid of the HOB refugium and Cheto. I replaced it with a nano skimmer. I also replaced the two small Fluval lights with a single Radion XR15 G6 Pro. I have only had the new light a few days, so too early to tell if it makes a difference. So far, I really like the light, but am having some issues with the Mobius App...Hope to get that worked out soon.

I am not sure what more I will do with this tank, as I plan to upgrade to a larger tank within the next year. My plans are to transfer the rockscape and livestock to the larger tank, and use the 20 gal. as a QT.

20230624_151057.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back