Scrambled eggs and mabma jambas shrinking.

Orlandoguy50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tank with plenty of zoas and palys and both the scrambled eggs and wwc Mamba Jamba are shrinking. They still open but they are much smaller then when I purchased them. Tank paremeters are always perfect. Temps on target lighting is ai prime on a 25 gallon all in one. Marley's and rastas are growing like weeds. I have some various green ones and some red orange color zoas not sure what there names are and they are doing fine. These zoas are placed on the same rocks as the Rasta and Marley's all three inches away from each other.

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by perfect water chemistry? Because you’re may not match where you got them... zoanthids don’t all have the same care requirements... did you acclimate to the light? Many factors at play here

OP
OP
O

Orlandoguy50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I treated them the same way as all of them. They go to the bottom on there frag plugs if after 2 weeks I see them stretching to get more light I move them up. Half way up for two weeks and if still stretching they go to the top Rastas are six inches below water line and marlys are 8 inches below. Light is a foot over the water line. I'm going to give them a peroxide bath and see what happens along with moving them back down to the bottom. Thank for your expertise.

Oscar47f

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I treated them the same way as all of them. They go to the bottom on there frag plugs if after 2 weeks I see them stretching to get more light I move them up. Half way up for two weeks and if still stretching they go to the top Rastas are six inches below water line and marlys are 8 inches below. Light is a foot over the water line. I'm going to give them a peroxide bath and see what happens along with moving them back down to the bottom. Thank for your expertise.
Sure thing I personally don’t think there’s any parasite that’s causing it but if the dip works let me know

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back