• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Screen Top Parts

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I want it to have the mounts/lip built in so it will lay against the tank without needed any other pieces to keep it from falling into the tank, if that makes sense

Dominat0r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like this for my Biocube HQi 29gallon, very odd shape though. Are you familiar? I can attach a pic of the glass i want to replace.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can make the tabs so the screen either is lower or higher (whatever you like.) Looks like going above it would be easier, but cant 100% tell. I can make either work I simply would just need to know how high or low you want the screen to sit off the top of the glass.

The only other option I can think about is making the U-Shaped Part go above or below the post.

EDIT -- I just wanted a video of that mount and it looks like that post is above the glass line. So if you use the normal Rimless Tabs along with a U shape it looks like it would fit. Here is a picture of how flush the Frame is to the glass top.

IMG_20191119_002732.jpg

Thanks Dierks, exactly the info I needed in regards to the rimless tab's assembled height.
Can you LMK the cost and payment info for (shipped to 06492):
8 - normal rimless corner tabs in brown
2 - U-Shaped openings for a cut out of 3.5"L x 1.25"D in brown with spline (for Radion mounts)
3 - feed openings with doors in brown (3" x 2" opening )

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went ahead and sent you a PM. Next Time I post this I will make it much easier for everyone and simply price out the parts so you all can build your own kits. Thanks everyone

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like this for my Biocube HQi 29gallon, very odd shape though. Are you familiar? I can attach a pic of the glass i want to replace.
Sorry Just seen this, I can print something like that for you, I would need to know the radius of the corners and it shouldn't be a problem. So if you can figure that out we can get it taken care of for you! Or if you shoot me a PM with the picture I might be able to pull it into sketchup and figure it out.

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dominat0r The biggest Issue I see here is the continuous curve. You will have to figure out how to bend that part... The corners shouldnt be an issue if they are that tight of corners.

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More Tracking Numbers went out. If you got one, your shipment will be in the mail tomorrow.

Also I love when I get these back!!! Here is a picture of the rimless tank cover! I think it looks really nice and clean! This one need a bit more custom work to sit flush in the front. So if you need special sizes or ideas simply let me know. I love to help and charge almost nothing for customization.

20191122_174120.jpg

reef r madness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay then, can I ask if the rimless tabs place the assembled frame flush with the glass or does it stick up a little?
Reason why I ask is because the RMS mount is only 3.5" x 1.25" for the opening needed but has a bolt sticking out that is right above the plane of the top of the glass. Not sure if you happen to have an RMS mount to visualize but here's a quick shot if this helps in my explanation/question.
IMG_4435.JPG
Is that the back chamber on an aio

Technewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pic of the lid is my tank, it sits flush if i take off the mounts for my lights. I was going to hang my lights but now im having Dierks make me 4 more pieces so i can go around the mounts. The tank is a IM 50 lagoon AIO. Im not planning on covering the back chambers. Dierks can custom make any piece you need. He makes great quality parts.

Heezie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you be able to make two ‘cutout’ pieces that fit around the Radion Arm mounts and would fit into the DD JumpGuard profile?

I’ve been debating which lid I want for the last few weeks and in that time have lost two more fish ☹️ Thanks!

gwainrig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tenecor acrylic 180gal tank. It is eurobraced. The tank has 2 cutout with radius corners. what would you need to provide the parts for these 2 cutouts? the cutouts are about 12 x 24. they are not a rectangle cut due to each having a corner cut off, so they are 5 sided..I have one acrylic lid that I could use for a form if that would help...thanks

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 75 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 32 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.1%
Back