Scuba trip opinions?

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2016
Messages
1,959
Reaction score
1,557
Location
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this seem like a good deal? For those that have more experience traveling abroad than I. I have dealt with this Dive shop but not this type of travel.

3782cfa99c56165c8a86dd7f6afddca4.jpg


e2b51b68f682326ff1baebb16abb9101.jpg


8287c6841ecd9b5e9427e200b5382c27.jpg


My main concerns:

-Does this seem like a good price?

-Is Hondorus a safe country?

-Would this be a family friendly trip?
 
Thanks, I would really like to get some feedback. I am close to pulling the trigger on this one. I was concerned about not having my advanced yet, but I read on their website that I can do my Advanced there. How cool would that be!
 
I have been to Roatan and loved it and this should be similar. I'm not so sure about the price. Hotel Cozumel has a special for Oct, Nov for $920 with 5 days of 2 tank diving, the price is $976 in Dec. We were in Roatan in Nov and I would not recommend that time of the year (rainy season, rained every day but one while we were there). We use Jan at Caribbean Dive Vacations. You might check with her to see if there are better alternatives.
 
I have been to Roatan and loved it and this should be similar. I'm not so sure about the price. Hotel Cozumel has a special for Oct, Nov for $920 with 5 days of 2 tank diving, the price is $976 in Dec. We were in Roatan in Nov and I would not recommend that time of the year (rainy season, rained every day but one while we were there). We use Jan at Caribbean Dive Vacations. You might check with her to see if there are better alternatives.
Thanx for the feedback. I'll do a little more research before I book.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new