saltybench

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking into sea cucumbers, the pink spiney and black and pink cucumbers. The issue is some websites say their care level is easy and others say expert only, so which is true? Anyone have either variety and have any insight?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 yellow cucumbers (collected live in the Florida Keys) in my 90g mixed tank and they are virtually care free. I've had 2 pink spiny cucumbers (at 2 different times) and each only lasted a month or so. I believe they starved.

Upvote 0

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also didn’t have a lot of success long-term keeping the pink/green ones alive, either. I’ve had the most success with the black ones as they live for substrate and there’s always something to eat. I’ve also had some success with the nocturnal tiger tail cucumbers.

Upvote 0

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO the key here is the size of the sand grains and the amount of food in it. Powdery sand seems to work better although my edible is doing okay in larger special reef grade sand. I say okay because I see the sand poops so it's eating although I've only had it for several months.

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back