Sea hares and lettuce nudi ???

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am still trying to kill off this danged hair algae. ugh. was thinking about a sea hare the really ugly things and maybe lettuce nudis which i love. does anyone have any first hand experience with either of these? and whether they will help with the hair algae ?

nino78

Blue Planet Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience the sea hare is awesome. I keep them in all my tanks. Just watch your power heads. They are good at getting stuck in them. Other than that they are awesome.

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
should i be concerened about the sea hares inking? if it does ink in the tank does it hurt other fish or corals?

nino78

Blue Planet Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one ink after getting stuck in a power head. Can you blame him lol. Just did a water change and everything was fine.

reef-lover

Reef Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think both are prone to getting into the powerheads... I keep a small army of blue-legged hermits that do an awesome job!!! I've also been reading a few articles about raising your mag with Kent's 'TECH M" for a couple weeks to around 1500. Some say this will eraticate hair algae without affecting corals.

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well ive raised my mag to 1470 but i know my phos and nitrate are a lil high. phos is .1 and nit is 2. but working on it.

currently i have

3 blue legs
5 pyramid snails
3 pep shrimp
2 coral bandeds

i know i need more cleaners but really dont want any more crabs.

tank is a 90 ..... how many lettuce nudis could i safely add? and just to recheck lettuce nudis if they die in the tank wont hurt anything right? cause they arent venomous? just double checking :)

OP
OP
ahayes13

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes i know my clean up crew is small. i had more snails and smaller blue legs but my larger blue legs started eating up the others. i got some turbo snails today and 2 lettuce nudis. well see how they do...

Back