Sea pansy

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’m looking to buy a sea pansy I can’t find any online and I used to own one until my tank crashed and he didn’t make it. I wanted to know if any of you would sell it to me and ship it I’m in the South Carolina area and didn’t know if you guys knew of a place that sold them or if you guys sell them here any help will be great!!!!

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sell them here for $21 - cool creature I didn’t know about before.

OP
OP
Impala67

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sell them here for $21 - cool creature I didn’t know about before.

Yes but are they alive usually they sell them for science dissections

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds and looks horribly sting-y. Since it seems to live in the substrate, can you actually see them in the aquarium, or do they lurk in sand, waiting for probing fingers?

Last edited:

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds and looks horribly stingy. Since it seems to live in the substrate, can you actually see them in the aquarium, or do they lurk in sand, waiting for probing fingers?
From what I’ve seen with just a quick search, it looks like it lives with a part of it essentially anchored in the sand but the rest of it (the majority of it) sticking out above. One place says they’re one of their most popular touch pool residents, so I’d imagine they’re not as stingy as they look.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I’ve seen with just a quick search, it looks like it lives with a part of it essentially anchored in the sand but the rest of it (the majority of it) sticking out above. One place says they’re one of their most popular touch pool residents, so I’d imagine they’re not as stingy as they look.
The place that says that is the aquarium that made the video on the link I shared. It also shows someone handling a specimen (and gently pressing it) without gloves on to get it showing its bioluminescence.

Catskiller

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if it becomes luminous with wave action or would you have to reach in your tank and tickle it?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 117 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back