Sea Sweep with for Tunze pumps?

csb123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one for the last 4 years and love it. It requires zero maintenance. I just wish they were a bit cheaper.

MickeyCT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one recently but I can't fit the Tunze wiring through the pipe that hangs in the tank. Did you have any problems? If so, how did you solve? I'm getting ready to just zip tie the wire since the pipe is just a tiny bit too narrow for the Tunze pieces to fit, even after taking the controller portion apart.

OP
OP
Foothill Corals

Foothill Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one recently but I can't fit the Tunze wiring through the pipe that hangs in the tank. Did you have any problems? If so, how did you solve? I'm getting ready to just zip tie the wire since the pipe is just a tiny bit too narrow for the Tunze pieces to fit, even after taking the controller portion apart.

I have two on order but have not received them yet.

Do you have the newer style Tunze with the controller? From my understanding you open the controller, disconnect the wire from the controller and feed it through the Seasweep. That is part of it's appeal to me...no more visible cords in the tank.

Edp251

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious as to how this is going. i am considering getting a pair to set up on opposite diagonal corners of my peninsula. thanks!

OP
OP
Foothill Corals

Foothill Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious as to how this is going. i am considering getting a pair to set up on opposite diagonal corners of my peninsula. thanks!

I just received mine yesterday going to install them this weekend. I’ll be running two 6105s on sweeps plus two mp40s on my 60x34x21 tank and I’ll update this thread afterwards.

OP
OP
Foothill Corals

Foothill Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ok finally got these installed!

I tried the 6105s, had to turn them down and thought they just looked too big so I ended up with 6095s with the seasweeps one in each back corner with two mp40s mounted on each side of the back wall mid way up (60x34x21). The flow is amazing it solved all my flow issues. I have a nice gentle random flow from the mp40s then the seasweep comes through and gets them intermittently with a nice strong blast from alternating directions. It seems like since you run the powerheads at a constant speed (not supposed to pulse them) you seem to get a lot more flow from the same pumps.

These are definitely not for the rimless crowd, they are a little bulky above the water on a small tank but if you have a decent size tank and or a canopy they are awesome. It’s only been a week and I am all ready starting to see positive results in some of my Acros that weren’t as happy as they could have been with their prior flow.

On your peninsula I would say that opposite corners would be the way to go.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is nothing else that does this... which I guess that you found out. You can do some DIY type of deal (there are some posts on RC), but you don't save much if you use the high quality stuff.

I always wondered why this type of deal was not made by more companies.

U

User1

View Badges
I do not. I do use the Sea Swirls though and love them. Almost to the point where I do not need any additional power heads.

Edp251

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok finally got these installed!

I tried the 6105s, had to turn them down and thought they just looked too big so I ended up with 6095s with the seasweeps one in each back corner with two mp40s mounted on each side of the back wall mid way up (60x34x21). The flow is amazing it solved all my flow issues. I have a nice gentle random flow from the mp40s then the seasweep comes through and gets them intermittently with a nice strong blast from alternating directions. It seems like since you run the powerheads at a constant speed (not supposed to pulse them) you seem to get a lot more flow from the same pumps.

These are definitely not for the rimless crowd, they are a little bulky above the water on a small tank but if you have a decent size tank and or a canopy they are awesome. It’s only been a week and I am all ready starting to see positive results in some of my Acros that weren’t as happy as they could have been with their prior flow.

On your peninsula I would say that opposite corners would be the way to go.

Great. Thanks so much! Looking forward to getting mine!

Badilac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id love to try them but at about 650 per unit total (with a 6105) ill have to pass. I already have too much invested in my 4 Gyre XF350's, wave engine, and Tunze Stream 3.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back