Seachem Matrix vs Marine Pure

aqua_code

View Badges
Reaction score
I use matrix now because when I started out using triton with marine pure, I saw small amounts of aluminum in my water from the ICP. It's hard to blame marine pure directly because this could have been from PVC or something else. When I switched to matrix I didn't have the problem anymore. Matrix uses pumice rock or something that's not ceramic based.

Cultivated Reef
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have the marine pure blocks and spheres in my drain chamber of the sump. Only problem is removing them to clean out the sump or changing the filter socks is if I am not careful the media falls apart very easily and leave lots of small particles into my sump. I'm sure if undisturbed the media is fine as long as its not touched by anything. I'd like to try the pond matrix as i've seen on Prolificbreed on Youtube. He has lots of pond matrix in bags in the sump and and also uses them for attaching mushrooms. Could pond matrix be used as frag mounts for other corals?
No reason it cant be used for frag plugs. It's just a lot more expensive than rock rubble, which would be my first choice.

I like Matrix for the same reason. I keep it in a bag which keeps everything clean.

Do you use Instagram for reefing stuff? What’s your handle?

• Yes I follow people

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • Yes and I post reefing content

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • No IG isn’t for me

Votes: 65 52.8%
  • What is IG?

Votes: 7 5.7%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors