Seachem matrix

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 20 years of buying and supporting seachem I might be Thru Totally. Bought two bottles of Matrix biomedia . Each bottle had 20 to 30 other dense rock pieces NOT PURMICE !!! So little internal if any biologic support internally. I am a Medical Pathologist so I understand micropores and things living and dead VERY well. Sad to say I wll be going back to SERA siporax or eheim efhisubstart two TOP notch GERMAN companies that have NOT disappointed me in the 20 plus years I have used their products. In this Case I truly got LESS than what I paid for! Word of caution.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seachem claims that Matrix is specially graded pumice yet it contains the same contaminant rocks as the cheapest stuff you find at Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.

Most of their products are low quality/ineffective backed by slick marketing.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seachem claims that Matrix is specially graded pumice yet it contains the same contaminant rocks as the cheapest stuff you find at Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.

Most of their products are low quality/ineffective backed by slick marketing.
I had that feeling but is there a proof?

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 20 years of buying and supporting seachem I might be Thru Totally. Bought two bottles of Matrix biomedia . Each bottle had 20 to 30 other dense rock pieces NOT PURMICE !!! So little internal if any biologic support internally. I am a Medical Pathologist so I understand micropores and things living and dead VERY well. Sad to say I wll be going back to SERA siporax or eheim efhisubstart two TOP notch GERMAN companies that have NOT disappointed me in the 20 plus years I have used their products. In this Case I truly got LESS than what I paid for! Word of caution.
But that sera siporax just ceramic rinse but seems expensive

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back