Seachem Tidal HOB Filter Opinions

Bubbabobobbrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to start up a new tank in the next couple of weeks. I figured I’d try a hob filter on it since it’s a 20 gallon tank and ordered the seachem tidal. Anyone here try this filter yet? If so I’d like to hear opinions on it

Max!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of it but HOB are one of the best options if you can't have a sump IMO. I'm sure you'll do fine!

OP
OP
Bubbabobobbrain

Bubbabobobbrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of it but HOB are one of the best options if you can't have a sump IMO. I'm sure you'll do fine!
Thanks. I’m not a huge hob filter guy myself I don’t feel like drilling such a small tank and figured I’d try the hob route with this one to see what happens. I like that this filter basically has an open basket for whatever media I want to use and has a built in surface skimmer

OP
OP
Bubbabobobbrain

Bubbabobobbrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO the best HOB our there. Huge and flexible media basket plus surface skimming. Use a 110 on my QT.
Yup those are the exact reasons I went with this one and not the aquaclear. Plus having the pump inside the tank and not worrying about priming issues on start up was also a huge plus

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them on my 20L qt tanks (2). Great power filter, replaced my aquaclears since if the power went out it was 50/50 if they'd resume or be grinding dry for hours.

OP
OP
Bubbabobobbrain

Bubbabobobbrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them on my 20L qt tanks (2). Great power filter, replaced my aquaclears since if the power went out it was 50/50 if they'd resume or be grinding dry for hours.

Yup the reliability issues with the aquaclear filters made me a little nervous. I really like that the pump is in the tank and being a sicce pump was icing on the cake for me, lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back