Seaclone 100 Mods

juggalogentry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone have any advice to give me about my seaclone 100 that hasnt already been said (i know throw it away is the general thing said) but i got swindled into buying one (for $150 at that! (i know i know)) and theres no way im getting what i put into it and theres no way i can get anything else anytime soon, so im stuck with it. ive got the algae sponge on the return to min bubble output. im kinda scared to mess with the impeller to do any mods there, and same with the innermost tube. ive changed the air intake valve to a better one, so i have better fine tuning now (essentially i left the other one on too and placed another tube and valve so now i have to controls) and am contemplating taping the cup to the unit and removing tape only when im cleaning out collection cup. im also skeptical about adding a diffuser stone in down through the cup lid cuz i feel like this will only produce a wet skim and im looking for a very dark mucky kind of skim, so far i cant even get the bubbles to climb the neck of the cup. they just sit at the water line and fizzle and pop

mfief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running one for the past 9 months. When it is clean it doesn't seem to skim very well at all. I always leave a little of the nasty stuff in the neck and get this
uploadfromtaptalk1409321838674.jpg

If i completely clean the cup it will go a few days before any of the bubbles reach the top of the cup. Mine has not been modded at all.

OP
OP
juggalogentry

juggalogentry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome perfect thank you, this was what i was wanting to hear, im tired of seeing only bad reviews in my research and finally decided to ask on here, and since its day three brand new i was still on the fence wondering if the reviews were all true or if it was just mass impatience, and thank you for the advice on not fully cleaning the neck, i was already thinking the same thing.

Very much appreciated

mfief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting a new skimmer after Christmas but for now I am working with what I have and that's this guy. I had it as an HOB on my 55 gal and now it's in a sump on a 75 that was next to free lol. It works about the same in both configurations.

OP
OP
juggalogentry

juggalogentry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any advice on getting it going from you guys? i dont want to fiddle with it too much cuz people say to let it be, but ive also read that people had to do the exact opposite of what the instructions say to get it to work. How long was the break in period? I know theres gotta be stuff in the tank, i have two damsels which i feed twice a day, two firefish which i feed once a day, three huge turbo snails, 6 blue legged hermit crabs, 1 coral banded shrimp two zoa frags which i feed every other day and a lord acan again fed once every other day,

mfief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may take a week to get the bubbles to climb. Use the directions as a starting point then make small adjustments and let it ride for a day or two mine is set pretty close to what the directions recommend. Is yours in a sump or HOB

jakestubby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running one for the past 9 months. When it is clean it doesn't seem to skim very well at all. I always leave a little of the nasty stuff in the neck and get this

If i completely clean the cup it will go a few days before any of the bubbles reach the top of the cup. Mine has not been modded at all.

Hey there! Do you like to run yours where the air intake is open quite a bit so it’s more noisy or do u run the air intake more closed so it’s quieter? What do u think is more efficient? And where the water tubing bends to go over the rim of ur tank does it sit on the rim or does it sit a bit higher? Would the depth of the pump in the tank effect how efficient it runs?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! Do you like to run yours where the air intake is open quite a bit so it’s more noisy or do u run the air intake more closed so it’s quieter?
You may not have noticed but this thread is over 6 years old, and the user that you asked the questions to hasn't been online in over 5 years. So I doubt they'll respond

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 139 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 113 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back