Seahorse compatability

spiruni

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
Location
London, UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of setting up a 120G tank. I want to have a variety of fish and coral in there.

Have you ever tried to put seahorses with other fish, and if yes what really happened.

Do you think it would be a good idea to try it and add the sea horses first (after the tank will run for a month or so) so they can find their space and be a bit more comfortable?

I can't understand how the seahorses can live with fish in the ocean but in the tanks they can not.

I found this chart on live aquaria, and it got me thinking.

1610560929873.png
 
I have 2 seahorses in a 60 gallon mixed reef with the following. 3 shrimp, (2 pistols and 1 peppermint). Blue Spot Jawfish, 2 shrimp gobies, red headed goby, Caribbean Sailfin goby, orange dash wrasse, cave basslet, long fin basslet. For me I keep water temp at 70-73, have decent but not overwhelming flow. I think the pathogen passing concern is reduced with good maintenance and lower temps. As far as feeding, I direct feed my horses with feeding tube, they get plenty to eat. I am in the minority, has worked for me, most will disagree, more evidence on their side. Sometimes it just works, has for me. My pair have been in this environment for 3 yrs now.
 

Attachments

  • 5B8A5FBB-2CAB-40E1-BE0F-CCD5B9005C79.jpeg
    5B8A5FBB-2CAB-40E1-BE0F-CCD5B9005C79.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 111
I have 2 seahorses in a 60 gallon mixed reef with the following. 3 shrimp, (2 pistols and 1 peppermint). Blue Spot Jawfish, 2 shrimp gobies, red headed goby, Caribbean Sailfin goby, orange dash wrasse, cave basslet, long fin basslet. For me I keep water temp at 70-73, have decent but not overwhelming flow. I think the pathogen passing concern is reduced with good maintenance and lower temps. As far as feeding, I direct feed my horses with feeding tube, they get plenty to eat. I am in the minority, has worked for me, most will disagree, more evidence on their side. Sometimes it just works, has for me. My pair have been in this environment for 3 yrs now.
Agree it can work with a lot of attention to feeding.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new