Seahorse eating problem question

joshuashih1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased my erectus seahorse yesterday (as of the time of this post my seahorse has been in the tank no more than 12 to 14 hours. It’s happy and healthy and zooming all over my tank, my only issue is eating, it refuses to eat frozen cyclopods I also tried live baby Brine Shrimp but I have yet to see it eat it. I have also tried live tiger pods which are a bit bigger than baby Brine Shrimp and it still isn’t eating. Is there anything I can do to encourage it to feed

p.s I have taken care of this variety of seahorse before and have had no issues

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Pods
Adult brine shrimp
White worms

KeepSwimming12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased my erectus seahorse yesterday (as of the time of this post my seahorse has been in the tank no more than 12 to 14 hours. It’s happy and healthy and zooming all over my tank, my only issue is eating, it refuses to eat frozen cyclopods I also tried live baby Brine Shrimp but I have yet to see it eat it. I have also tried live tiger pods which are a bit bigger than baby Brine Shrimp and it still isn’t eating. Is there anything I can do to encourage it to feed

p.s I have taken care of this variety of seahorse before and have had no issues
Hi I’ve owned seahorses for a few months and I really love them. My seahorses won’t touch Cyclopods and in my experience they don’t love brine shrimp either. Mysis is your best choice mine will go nuts for it and every store I’ve seen them in are also fed mysis. Good luck!

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back