Seahorse has macroalgae growing on him

Bethany97

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2016
Messages
24
Reaction score
6
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I noticed that my seahorse has a bit of sea lettuce growing on his head not too far from his gills. Does this require my intervention to remove it, or should I let him deal with it on his own?​
 
If it's algae, leave it alone. A picture might be helpful to confirm, however.
 
I would watch and make sure its algae and that it is not interfering with the pony's breathing. Seahorses are not bothered by microalgaes that grow on them and that can be fairly common. If its macroalgae, that would be the first time I heard of that!
 
Is the algae still on him? My male has some green MICROalgae, but as vlangel said this is normal. Especially in my tank with way to much hair algae it's a nightmare for my corals.

Pics?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new