OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tank! I was wondering how big it was 320 wowers I was counting all the SH and thinking it was in the 125ish mark.

i am gonna do the same some day.
I have two other systems in the house but this one has my attention. Upgrading the sump as my Acans are suffering due to elevated phosphates. Adding a fleece roller, ATS or two and an additional Nyos 220 To my existing skimmer and 40 gallon fuge full of macro

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I finally did it! Seahorse build under way! here is my build thread would love any suggestions or feed back you have. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/teton-mustang-ranch-rs-300-g2-seahorse-build.911054/

mine will also be a reef style with softies, gorgs, sponges, Zoas etc. what corals are you finding dont do so well in a SH tank?
Blastos and zoas have a hard time with elevated nutrients. My serpent stars collapsed out of nowhere which was weird. Upgraded the filtration today so let’s see how quick we get phosphate and nitrate down

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
076341A9-9798-460D-A9C3-5753761AFBF2.jpeg

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you have garden eels!? Not to draw attention from the horsies, but that is quite impressive. I read that they were almost completely unfit for hobbyist aquaria (perhaps a Jay Hemdal post?). How did you do it? Where did you get them? I think your tank is one of those that make people want to join the hobby--and make those arleady in it to start thinking about their next tank...

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you have garden eels!? Not to draw attention from the horsies, but that is quite impressive. I read that they were almost completely unfit for hobbyist aquaria (perhaps a Jay Hemdal post?). How did you do it? Where did you get them? I think your tank is one of those that make people want to join the hobby--and make those arleady in it to start thinking about their next tank...
I cant speak for the OP but I believe there is a tank at WWC that has them as well.
100% agree with you tho about his tank such an inspiration!

@locito277 dude your sump in amazing nice upgrade! I love ATS too. keep us posted how it does.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks tbh the ones that survive a few days and accept food do well. im Sure they wouldn’t fare as well with larger faster moving fish. They really do eat anything they can fit in their mouths. Thanks :)

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant speak for the OP but I believe there is a tank at WWC that has them as well.
100% agree with you tho about his tank such an inspiration!

@locito277 dude your sump in amazing nice upgrade! I love ATS too. keep us posted how it does.
Thanks. Seems every step forward in this hobby takes you one back. Appears that my UV wasn’t working which explains the bacterial bloom. Took one pony out to my buddy’s place to go through a Diamox treatment. Insane how quickly things can turn on one when anything is left to chance. well Get him feeling better and the rest of the tank is active and eating. Fixed the UV issue as it was the Apex power supply. I’ll post a video now with the tank cloudy. Should clear up by AM

Back