Seahorse tank build

Chris Spaulding

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2018
Messages
821
Reaction score
1,101
Location
Colorado Springs
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The time has come to start this build. I will be taking this slow and deliberate.
The plan is this tank will be both PS and NPS Gorgonian with some Macro algae.
List of equipment
Planet Aquarium 50 gallon rimless with INOUT overflow 36x20x20
Stand , 36 tall by Planet Aquarium
Sump , 20 long Aqueon with Ebay baffle kit
Lighting , 2 AI 16hd primes with gooseneck mounts
Return pump , Reefocto Varios 2
Power heads , 2 Maxspect 330 gyers
Skimmer , Aquamax FC80
Heater , ViaAqua Titanium
Klir DI4 Automatic fleece filter
Coralife Turbo Twist 3x 9watt UV
Duetto ATO
50 lbs Dry Rock
40 lbs Dry sand
Nyos Torq reactor
Fuge light Aquamax fuge led

E85EB437-9D07-4969-B281-D8AEDDCB453B.jpeg C7DD50B6-16C6-4987-B12A-2DDACF0BC7D7.jpeg
 
Doing a few things today being I take Mondays and Tuesdays off.
Got the tank and stand in place. Started getting the sump and equipment installed.
The 18 inch flex mounts seam to be too tall so I am going head out and pick up the 12 inch ones.
I still need to pick up powers strips , cabinet light , and install fuge light.

87DCA505-4284-4667-A5DE-18015E9311DC.jpeg 22A82CCC-BF02-4EE9-9C41-186C6AD1E837.jpeg
 
Today I got the scape done and the tank filled. All the main equipment has been hooked up and test.So far so good. Started the cycle with ammonia and Microbacter start xlm . I kept the rock lower to give plenty of room for the corals to grow up and room for the Seahorses to roam.

C51A2394-02AD-4E04-90ED-95041825DB7A.jpeg B2A53880-AB7C-40B4-9BAF-1D340CA5C400.jpeg 4F1F3170-5BAF-4B49-A5A2-2F1D76DA979B.jpeg 07A33CB6-1575-46C7-B231-FABA5D14D584.jpeg
 
Looks good. Be careful with the gyres. Not sure if they can get stuck up there. Great setup
 
Thank you . I have the net screens on them and atm only running 10% .
Just finished the cycle and have added a small snail CUC and some macro algae in the DT and in the fuge

I will update with pics in the next few days .
 
Be careful with certain macros. I had caulerpa Cover my entire tank lol. Horses loved it but it looked horrendous for a bit. Looking forward to the update.
 
Things are moving along. Tank is fully cycled and added a small CUC all snails no crabs. Also seeded the tank and fuge with 8 bottles of pods and dosing Photo.
Added several Gorgs and Seafans from KP Aquatics.
The horses arrived yesterday 4 Tiger tails. I added a couple of plastic plants for a while as the horses really seam to like them more. They are eating well right away frozen Mysis.

F922514A-9E02-42C5-AE22-B526EBBCB7BB.jpeg 773681BE-37FA-48BA-AFDB-ACEB4E51A2D0.jpeg 0DB17E65-9DD2-4D23-A36F-99E0E2F251F1.jpeg 3A78585B-A753-4F55-9324-88EF29011716.jpeg
 
Awesome! Following! Keep us updated. :-)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new