Seahorse Tank Help

Elira_6301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2024
Messages
1,374
Reaction score
2,878
Location
Midland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently decided to set up a Sunburst tank. I read seahorses really only need 30 gallons, so I ran out and bought a 60 gallon. Only mine is a 16 inch high horizontal. Will they be ok with a horizontal? I didn't realize they needed vertical. I've already purchased the tank and the seahorses. They aren't shipping till January because I'm cycling the tank first. Thoughts?
 
They will be ok, they prefer the height for their courtship dance. More height also helps prevent air bubble disease in males. Maybe consider getting an all female herd.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new