Seahorses in my tank??

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really love sea horses and want a pair. I have a 32 biocube that is empty, but I read a pair should be in a 60 minimum. I was wondering if they would be okay in my 70? Current fish are 2 clownfish (maroon, my female is actually very chill even with her nem and not aggressive to other fish, she just likes to dart in the middle of my chromis school lol) an engineer goby, 4 chromis, a lionfish (soon to move once my 125 is up) and a small foxface. I was wondering if they would be okay in there or would the fish I have stress them out with how much they swim around?

Cheese Griller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seahorses need very carefully selected tank mates in order to thrive. Maroon clowns are definitely not on the list of seahorse-compatible fish. Pretty much all the other fish can out-compete them for food too.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seahorses need very carefully selected tank mates in order to thrive. Maroon clowns are definitely not on the list of seahorse-compatible fish. Pretty much all the other fish can out-compete them for food too.
I figured just thought I would ask!!

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way I would put the seahorses in there, those fishmates are completely wrong.

The tank needs to be built specifically for the horses, the flow, the lighting, and the aquascape, and the tankmates.

Seahorses are not reef animals, they come from low-flow lagoon area's. The aquarium has to be built accordingly.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • None.

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%

Back