Searching for the right tank.

djl-reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am searching for the tank for my first reef build. I’ve been looking at the IM fusion pro 40 and the Waterbox 35 AIO.

All in one initially seems like the best route for me, but having a sump and a refugium also peak my interest quite a bit especially after discussions with many R2R members.

I am not a huge fan of the offerings for the aquarium sump combos from Waterbox/IM/RedSea as I would prefer a more custom build to fit my needs. I would want a custom cabinet as my better half would have input in how it looks.

So my question is, what tank manufacturers are out there that have quality tanks pre drilled for a sump? I am particularly interested in cubes or near cubes at 40-90 gallons. Thanks!

OP
OP
D

djl-reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever size you think you want... go bigger :)

Haha, that’s the advice I’ve taken. I originally thought I’d start small with a 20g. Was quickly convinced to go 40. And now you can see I’m even thinking about a 90g cube if I can get one pre drilled for a sump that I can have made to fit whichever cabinet my girlfriend picks out.

The only thing I am unsure of in regards to a larger tank like a 90 is the water change. I want have my own RODI for making my own water so that means I am hauling water back weekly from my LFS. How much is too much is what I am currently contemplating.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back