Season 2!!

ryeguyy84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish they would go more into the filtration of the tanks. But I realize it's dumbed down for the non reef fanatics.

I thought the skateboard tank was a little mean to the inhabitants though

blade009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Show is a joke, ,Lets see some of the tanks they did after 3 to 6 months in service, There tanks are a cleaning nightmare, not anything i would want to own.

Steven R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Show is a joke, ,Lets see some of the tanks they did after 3 to 6 months in service, There tanks are a cleaning nightmare, not anything i would want to own.

I agree this show is a joke...

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i like the show - the tanks these guys create are amazing
that 18 foot shark tank is cool and they stocked it with a couple sharks that had outgrown the previous tank
sure i wouldn't want them to stock or maintain my tank - but they sure could build me one anyday - that is if i wanted acrylic instead of glass

i do wish their stocking was a little more fish freindly but ....
i think people need to look at the show for what is is - fun aquarium tv

Skinpuppi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you imagine how hard it would be to get a sick or dead fish out of that telephone booth they built? That would cause a devastating chain reaction

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the show gets a boo from me!! they dont give the lfs that orders everything any credit!

I mean there is allot that goes into supplying everything that goes into building and stocking a large tank.
one of the local fish stores in my area did the robot tank. and I over herd a number of around $200k and not even a thank you

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
o and I forgot they ran a contest at the lfs everyone that won was supposed to be mentioned on the show, the winners havent gotten their prizes, they werent mentioned......... I think the show maybe wanted more ppl to watch??? the people at the lfs and the contest winners were told to tell everyone you know to watch because they were going to be on the show ???

the only thing worse than a liar is a theif because a theif is a liar not saying the show stole anything just a theif and a liar are on the same level

Blake11rebel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the show and I watch it every week. In the end its just a tv show and not meant for educational television. I agree that I would like to see more about the filtration process that they use but Ill never be able to afford a telephone booth tank and whoever can probably just pays someone to do maintinence on it

Blake11rebel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention that like you mainereefer I was taught not to associate myself with liars and thieves. But I dont know enough details about the people that were suppose to be on tv to condemn there show either

Nomadic1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing that bothers me is how staged some things are (just like all "reality" shows). Like the bottom of the spade tank blowing out. I mean, come on, if you look hard, they had a 1/4" thick sheet of acrylic at the bottom -- I rewound it a few times to make sure that's what I saw. I also don't think it was totally bonded either. So, combine that with how experienced these guys are, you know that's staged for a laugh. I really doubt they rebuilt that whole tank, and when it was finally delivered, the acrylic looked to be the same thickness as before, with the exception of the bottom. All in all, it's just for entertainment anyway, so I guess that's to be expected.

pumarjr

Reef-a-Holic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys need to realize the difference here. TV and reality. The producers are the ones not showing what actually goes into the actual show, we get to see only the show side, or what has entertainment value. I am not affiliated with this show or any other show for that matter, but you guys need to try to get over it. your beating up some guys for being successful and being very complacent on just about every facet of their show. So what we do not see the nuts and bolts of the show, is it really that bad? Just remember, if you don't like it, turn it off.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you need to realize is haters are always going to find a way to hate, most people you see finding problems with something on this show are just jealous that is not them on the show and they try to find reasons to make themselves seem more qualified to do the job. These are the same people that watch, for example NFL games, and think they can go out and play better than one of the pros.

You guys need to realize the difference here. TV and reality. The producers are the ones not showing what actually goes into the actual show, we get to see only the show side, or what has entertainment value. I am not affiliated with this show or any other show for that matter, but you guys need to try to get over it. your beating up some guys for being successful and being very complacent on just about every facet of their show. So what we do not see the nuts and bolts of the show, is it really that bad? Just remember, if you don't like it, turn it off.

PS I watch the show for what it is, entertainment

Gitsoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The show is really dumbed down, nothing really changed from season 1 , I wish the show was less "scripted fake drama" . For one because wade cant act at all also for some reason the red neck guy annoys the heck out of me, lol But if they just become a serious "how it's Made" type of show it would be Awesome, there's potential but I guess viewers like stupid silly sit coms

Gitsoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah any one notice the upside down blue tangs floating whenever they show the 3d rendered tanks? at least make the fake fish seem alive...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back