Sebastian's Reefer 300 XL

spilot

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2021
Messages
10
Reaction score
43
Location
Dusseldorf
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefer,

As promised my tank presentation!

I'm looking to recreate a mixed reef for my home. A stock list is not yet complete but definitely some LPS, SPS and a couple of fish.

my Equipment:
Tank:
Red Sea Reefer 300 XL – 90cm/36” - 300 liters/80 gallons

Lighting: 2x Maxspect Jump LED 65W
Flow: 2x Tunze Turbelle nanostream 6040 with controller
Return pump: Skimz QP 4.0
Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 5
Heater: Eheim 100 W
Rocks: ARKA Reef Rocks
Ground: ATI-Fiji White sand

My tank arrived few weeks ago, I will keep you inform about the progress..

Bild1.jpg
 
I started with the aquascaping! I have a clear idea, it should be an open structure.
The first attempts were not easy.. but I think I did it well ;)
 

Attachments

  • Bild5.jpg
    Bild5.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 137
  • Bild6.jpg
    Bild6.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 140
  • Bild7.jpg
    Bild7.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 159
update:
now I have the whole stuff together...
The sump is almost ready and the tank can be flooded
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9038.jpg
    IMG_9038.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 167
  • Bild4.jpg
    Bild4.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 179
Hello together,

last weekend the tank was flooded. I used saltwater from my local dealer. It is still a bit dusty but I am satisfied with the result...
 

Attachments

  • Bild8.jpg
    Bild8.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 181
Hi,
i used 18 kg sand and almost 15 kg rock.
 
Your rockscape is awesome . Great choice of equipment. Following along
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new