Securing Magnetic Optical Water Level Sensors

  • Thread starter Thread starter FlyinAg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FlyinAg

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2022
Messages
193
Reaction score
118
Location
Niceville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just setup a Hydros X2 and Hydros ATO that uses the magnetically mounted optical sensors for top-off level. The sensor is in my AIO 3rd chamber, and I am just a bit nervous about the sensor getting bumped and moved. The sensor is especially susceptible to rotating from touching the wire. I was wondering if anyone had any good solutions to secure the sensor better once set in place. I was thinking a little bad of hot glue to the exterior magnet would do the trick, in addition to securing the wire using something like line of those stick on zip tie wire tie downs. All ears if someone has a better solution. I do have a 3d printer for a hard mount... might be overkill though! Thanks!
 
Last edited:
First off, I assume that he third chamber is the return chamber?..
I would just pop a bit of silicone on the outside magnet once you are certain it's in the right spot. Even if it isn't it won't take much to clean off. I use the sticky backed tie mounts all over my cabinet to route and stow the various cables.
 
Just setup a Hydros X2 and Hydros ATO that uses the magnetically mounted optical sensors for top-off level. The sensor is in my AIO 3rd chamber, and I am just a bit nervous about the sensor getting bumped and moved. The sensor is especially susceptible to rotating from touching the wire. I was wondering if anyone had any good solutions to secure the sensor better once set in place. I was thinking a little bad of hot glue to the exterior magnet would do the trick, in addition to securing the wire using something like line of those stick on zip tie wire tie downs. All ears if someone has a better solution. I do have a 3d printer for a hard mount... might be overkill though! Thanks!
Rotating doesn't affect their function.
 
I have these holders made out of acrylic siliconed to the glass
44B0AA96-D939-43DE-BCC7-1836B3DACC98.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new