Sediment Filter for GFO Reactor

cymonous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have well water and my 0 TDS water has phosphates. I'm running my RODI through a GFO reactor, but the water is turning brown from the GFO dust even after it was rinsed through clear after 4-5 gallons. I want to add a sediment filter. I was thinking a whole house canister filter with a 1-micron sediment filter. I was thinking the whole house canister as it has 3/4" inlets that match the reactor tubing. The RO canisters have 1/4" or 1/2" inlets only and would like to use the larger inlets.

I'm currently using a pump rated for 240 GPH. Will this work?

susan ingram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have well water and my 0 TDS water has phosphates. I'm running my RODI through a GFO reactor, but the water is turning brown from the GFO dust even after it was rinsed through clear after 4-5 gallons. I want to add a sediment filter. I was thinking a whole house canister filter with a 1-micron sediment filter. I was thinking the whole house canister as it has 3/4" inlets that match the reactor tubing. The RO canisters have 1/4" or 1/2" inlets only and would like to use the larger inlets.

I'm currently using a pump rated for 240 GPH. Will this work?

I'm guessing it shouldn't be a problem, but I'm giving you a bump to see what others say.

MJ in Boise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small pump will work fine with a 1 micron sediment RO. Not sure how much restriction the whole house sediment will have though. Could always go 1/2 to 3/4 from a RO canister if there is too much restriction and the little pump doesn't want to push through the whole house sediment.

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back