Seeding LR

leighton.bingham

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2022
Messages
310
Reaction score
190
Location
Lewisberry, pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a "how to" on seeding live rock. I have about 80lbs of Dry rock sitting in boxes. I want to take some of it and put it in my tank. First though id like to make sure its live rock and contributes to the over all bacteria population. How would I go about doing this? I have a Blue rubber made tub, Water, Rock, 800w heater.
 
Water, rock, heater, and flow, don't forget the flow or everything will end up slimy and smelly.

Add a rock from your tank into the rubbermaid and add a pinch of flake or pellet food, then just let it all marinate. Add a pinch of food every week and let it go for at least a month, but longer is always better.

You can even add a damsel and then give it away when your done. I kept a 20 gallon damsel tank for 2 years once for the sole purpose of bringing dead rocks to life.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new