Seeding LR

leighton.bingham

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2022
Messages
310
Reaction score
190
Location
Lewisberry, pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a "how to" on seeding live rock. I have about 80lbs of Dry rock sitting in boxes. I want to take some of it and put it in my tank. First though id like to make sure its live rock and contributes to the over all bacteria population. How would I go about doing this? I have a Blue rubber made tub, Water, Rock, 800w heater.
 
Water, rock, heater, and flow, don't forget the flow or everything will end up slimy and smelly.

Add a rock from your tank into the rubbermaid and add a pinch of flake or pellet food, then just let it all marinate. Add a pinch of food every week and let it go for at least a month, but longer is always better.

You can even add a damsel and then give it away when your done. I kept a 20 gallon damsel tank for 2 years once for the sole purpose of bringing dead rocks to life.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new