Seeking Aluminum Extrusion assist

  • Thread starter Thread starter Schulks
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Schulks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2022
Messages
1,061
Reaction score
631
Location
Over yonder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am designing a water mixing station for the corner of my laundry room and stumbled on aluminum extrusions and want to learn as much as I can.
I have 0 experience what program could/should I use to design something in? or how can I calculate how strong something is?

My mixing tanks are 20 gallons and will be stacked vertically so roughly ~400lbs. I will also attach it to the wall to hold it together/upright. I want to put a tank on the middle and top shelf of my design to leave the floor level clean and open.

Would a 15"x15"x67" 10 series aluminum connected in the middle/ends with anchor fasteners and then to the wall studs be able hold up ~400lbs?

10 series is much cheaper than 15 which I really hope is overkill.

Thanks,
CJS

20220917_230441[1].jpg

20220917_230441[1].jpg

20220917_230441[1].jpg
 
I wish I knew more about using aluminum, but this is basically what I was thinking for a mixing station, but I was thinking maybe just making it out of wood 2X4s or the like.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new