Selling home: break tank down early or later?

TheWalkman99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is a question for the lounge or here but here it is. Getting ready to sell my condo and get a house. I have three tank a 180 gallon tank, 40 reef, and 5 gallon, and none of them are beautiful center pieces of a room it’s a condo they’re all stuffed in where they can fit. I most likely plan to change my carpet before selling so that already one time I would have to move the tanks. So would I be better off breaking the tanks down now while I have the time and store them? Or just leave them up while I’m showing the house and hope they’re not a turn off/ eye sore to any one?
I can possibly set up my reef tank at work for several months while I’m dealing with the moving process should I consider that option as well.
Sorry if it is an awkwardly worded question just something that has been on my mind.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do what your realtor told you. You will get more money with new carpet and an open floor plan vs a tank room unless you happen to luck out and sell the condo + tanks to another reef freak. Chances of this are not in your favor, so drain and store those tanks now while there isn't a rush. Moving is a pain even without a tank (not to mention 3 tanks).

Use the cash inflow from the condo sale to fill the tanks in your new pad.

OP
OP
TheWalkman99

TheWalkman99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the replies.
Going to double check with the boss that I can set up the reef tank at work.
I guess this finally gives me the chance to break down and take the time on my 180 and set it better. Or sell it and upgrade!
One of the things I had my eye open for was spots to put my tanks in s new house!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back