Selling trident for a profit - okay or not?

Are you ok with the trident being bought to flip above retail price?

• Yep! That's capitalism, baby!

Votes: 100 41.3%
  • Eh... whatever... doesn't matter to me...

Votes: 76 31.4%
  • Nope! The greed has gone over the top!

Votes: 66 27.3%

• Total voters

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sold mine because i wasn't impressed with quality control... put it on ebay no reserve and people paid what they wanted... did I steal it from a guy who couldve bought it for msrp. no.. he can still buy it at msrp when its available... nobody needs it, its a want... if you want to pay msrp, buy it when its available at msrp... why is waiting suddenly intolerable... and not waiting in line a right?

Nobody forced anyone to bid on my auction.. ebay made more money than i did and at my hourly rate lost money packing and driving to fedex

The circumstances are different, and what stands out to me here is your intention. In my mind, I don't see anything wrong with this.... The folks I'm referring to are not those who bought one and decided they didn't like it.

Notafishlady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is no different then buying a comic book and then the price goes up because of demand. if a comic book demand goes up and they are hard to find then obviously the price goes up. same concept in my book. these are hard to get so the demand is high which raises the price.
I have i used one , can I still sell it , but the account online is not mine and I can't delete it

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have i used one , can I still sell it , but the account online is not mine and I can't delete it
Unfortunately rules constitute must not exceed retail pricing

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost all the online sites have it in stock so trying to sell a used unit and make a profit will be tough but hey u never know till u try

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't make me mad at all it's not a necessary item, if someone is willing to pay let them. For me, I walked into my lfs (authorized dealer) and bought one at normal retail. They usually have one or two in stock and get them regularly if I had to wait a week or two it wouldn't have been a big deal.

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When they were first released everyone went ape***** 4 them now I see a lot of them are being sold Makes u go hmmmm

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost all the online sites have it in stock so trying to sell a used unit and make a profit will be tough but hey u never know till u try

I have to agree and disagree
The sites I have searched do not have stand alone units for sale.
They do have combo units that include the Trident and something else.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well that sounds like its not worth it if you cant change the owner account on it.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that sounds like its not worth it if you cant change the owner account on it.

There are no “owner accounts” for a trident. Plug it into anyone’s apex and it works. And one can factory reset an apex too, if it was connected to someone else's account.

Also, the poster had like 3 posts; they wouldn’t be allowed in marketplace anyway.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are no “owner accounts” for a trident lol. Plug it into anyone’s apex and it works.

Also, the poster had like 3 posts; they wouldn’t be allowed in marketplace anyway.

I know that, I was gona offer him a $100.00 bucks if he responded...lol

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just about to put mine up for $10,000 with free shipping. ;)
Is this still available?
Because you can't go wrong with free shipping!
giphy.gif

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back