Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upload_2018-2-21_16-5-29.png

Seneye discrepancy,

Has anyone come across this Par meter color graph discrepancy with their Seneye monitor? When I place my monitor in my refugium and compare the color spectrum graph between the real time app screen and the online dashboard screen, the color spectrum line peaks on the graphs are opposite of each other. In the refugium I am running a Zetlight E200 which is on the very red end of the spectrum. It shows up that way on the real time app screen. If I let it sit there overnight while the lights are on and then compare it with what it shows on the online dashboard for the same time span it is opposite. The dashboard shows it peaking in the blue spectrum overnight. Does anyone experience the same issue?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Software glitch IMO. I wouldn’t sweat it unless you’re into that kinda thing.

As far as reef goes, I think it’s fine. But then again , I keep my seney in a box.
Set and forget IMO.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their customer service is pretty responsive (albeit in the middle of the night). Have you tried emailing them?

OP
OP
Reefer Reboot

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have emailed them regarding this. It took a long time to get a response but this is a cut and paste of their response to me.

"Sorry that is has taken us so long to get back to you.
The axis on the light metre graph are showing the following: X – Axis is for the nanometre value, the Y- Axis is the percentage of the light that is being read.
Regarding the screen shot you have sent through, it appears that there is a bug with that particular graph as it should be showing you a graph on the right hand side at every point you click on the graphic. We have forwarded this to our Developer for further investigation."

After not hearing back from them I contacted Bulk Reef Supply to see if they could help. They contacted Seneye who then responded back to me with this reply. (Again, cut and pasted.)

"Apologies for the late response. We have forwarded your query to our engineering team. This is the first time someone has enquired regarding the accuracy of our light meter.
We will have to double check regarding your query, please bear in mind that we will be closed over the Christmas period, but will try to get back to you at the beginning of January."

On January 9th I sent Seneye another email asking "Anything new yet?" I know they get the emails because there is an automatic reply email from them stating so. But I have yet to receive any replies back.

So I'm left wondering, did I stumble across a known deficiency in their meter or did I just get a faulty meter? This is why I am asking if anyone else can duplicate this situation. If it is a known deficiency, can it be fixed with an update? If it is a faulty meter, can it be replaced? Just ignoring a paying customer in hopes that they will go away is a pretty sad way of doing business.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm. I have my club's seneye. I'll try and see if that happens to me tomorrow.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back