Seneye Connection Options

Darwin stinton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if there was an alternative way to connect the Seneye to the internet rather then having to use a PC and not using their extremely expensive internet adapter. Perhaps a tablet?

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any thoughts, anyone? I can’t answer the question.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A tablet running Windows with an available USB port should work. I use a Dell laptop that I got on sale for $100 through the Dell Outlet site.

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a raspberry pi zero to act as a WiFi usb hub where I can connect to it with any computer.

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah like others have said, a new or used tablet with a full size USB port that’s running or capable of running one of the versions of Windows that it’s compatible with is a good option. Many of these can be had for under $100. I was also able to purchase a like new Seneye Web Server from another R2R member for $120 shipped. A lot of people buy these only for the par meter or buy them and move onto a more full scale controller so there may be deals to be had in the classifieds section.

ryandarrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a raspberry pi zero to act as a WiFi usb hub where I can connect to it with any computer.

Hey Lakai, sorry, I see that you posted this a while ago. But.... was this pretty easy to accomplish? Can you provide more details as to setup? Thanks!

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Lakai, sorry, I see that you posted this a while ago. But.... was this pretty easy to accomplish? Can you provide more details as to setup? Thanks!

Yes very easy. Just download this https://www.virtualhere.com/usb_server_software and the client on your pc where you have SCA running. It helps to have it autostart on the pi and to have a script to reset the wifi on the pi.

Soryu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes very easy. Just download this https://www.virtualhere.com/usb_server_software and the client on your pc where you have SCA running. It helps to have it autostart on the pi and to have a script to reset the wifi on the pi.

This is working again? Back in December of 2017 they intentionally broke this to push sales of their overpriced web server.

Aldemirgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is working again? Back in December of 2017 they intentionally broke this to push sales of their overpriced web server.
Did you try and fail that way? i was getting Seneye around couple day and was planing to go with rasperry if that fail i am really going to be disappointed because i can't find SWS selling here.

Soryu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try and fail that way? i was getting Seneye around couple day and was planing to go with rasperry if that fail i am really going to be disappointed because i can't find SWS selling here.

No I have not tried at all and I am not even considering trying. After purchasing this new and getting it running I was consistently getting warnings that my ammonia readings were borderline but no other test I was using detected any ammonia. After contacting them and discussing my options their only advice was to pay 40 dollars to ship it back for calibration on a 20 day old device. Then two weeks later they pushed a firmware update that broke the Virtual hub.

This device is a cheap par meter at best IMO, if that's all you want it for is to baseline some PAR readings it isn't a terrible investment but other than that the device is junk.

Aldemirgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I have not tried at all and I am not even considering trying. After purchasing this new and getting it running I was consistently getting warnings that my ammonia readings were borderline but no other test I was using detected any ammonia. After contacting them and discussing my options their only advice was to pay 40 dollars to ship it back for calibration on a 20 day old device. Then two weeks later they pushed a firmware update that broke the Virtual hub.

This device is a cheap par meter at best IMO, if that's all you want it for is to baseline some PAR readings it isn't a terrible investment but other than that the device is junk.
Thank you for your answer after i Sent message checked their site and they are now have a warning device is not working with Virtual Hub etc. So i canceled my order.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back