Fluval Flex 32.5 (123)

Soryu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Thank to my LFS and the incredible deal on a Fluval Flex 32.5 gallon I started another reef tank.
So far we just have the basics running and I'm starting the cycle tomorrow.
Fluval Flex 32.5
Orbit eflux 660 GPH wave pump.
Orbit IC Reef light bar (36") I know it's longer than the tank but I have a few spare lying around.
Built in Flex Reef lighting
Icecap ATO
40lbs Carib-sea Agra alive Hawaiian Black
Trigger systems 5 gallon ATO reservior
Aquatop 300w titanium
30lbs of dry rock
(edit for adding In-tank media boxes)
2x In-tank media boxes. Layer 1 100micro filter mesh, then 150/200 bonded filter floss, layer 2 Fluval Bio Media, Layer 3 BRS rox .8 carbon.

Letting the dust settle as we speak, then we add the ammonia tomorrow to cycle it in. This is my third saltwater tank in the house and my second reef tank. The eventual goal is to migrate all of my fish from my 65g Display reef to this one and restart that one since I am unable to control and remove the bubble algae. Still waiting on my LFS to get my PS2 in.

Probably looking at the future to get a Jabeo dcp-2500 because the stop pump is very anemic.
I'm very open to suggestions on this from people with experience with these tanks too. Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Soryu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I drop the money on the the DCP-2500 is there a different pump from jabeo that is a better fit or is this the one to buy?

#R_TST

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Thank to my LFS and the incredible deal on a Fluval Flex 32.5 gallon I started another reef tank.
Fluval Flex 32.5
Orbit IC Reef light bar (36") I know it's longer than the tank but I have a few spare lying around.
Icecap ATO
Aquatop 300w titanium
30lbs of dry rock
2x In-tank media boxes. Layer 1 100micro filter mesh, then 150/200 bonded filter floss, layer 2 Fluval Bio Media, Layer 3 BRS rox .8 carbon.

Letting the dust settle as we speak, then we add the ammonia tomorrow to cycle it in. This is my third saltwater tank in the house and my second reef tank. The eventual goal is to migrate all of my fish from my 65g Display reef to this one and restart that one since I am unable to control and remove the bubble algae. Still waiting on my LFS to get my PS2 in.

Probably looking at the future to get a Jabeo dcp-2500 because the stop pump is very anemic.
I'm very open to suggestions on this from people with experience with these tanks too. Looking forward to hearing from everyone.
Looking forward to seeing it progress. I’ve ordered the same tank and hoping for success. How many fish will you be putting in it?

wonroc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up on the top off. You definetly can go smaller in the ATO if you want to save space. Mine doesnt evaporate loss at all if you keep the cover on.

OP
OP
S

Soryu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to seeing it progress. I’ve ordered the same tank and hoping for success. How many fish will you be putting in it?
I was hoping for 6-8 depending on the size, this will be more of a coral tank if I have my way.

OP
OP
S

Soryu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up on the top off. You definetly can go smaller in the ATO if you want to save space. Mine doesnt evaporate loss at all if you keep the cover on. I'm using the reservoir for 2 tanks so it's not a big deal.

I already swapped in some different lighting and took the top off. I'm using the reservoir for 2 tanks so it's not a big deal.

#R_TST

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Fluval Flex 32.5
Icecap ATO
Aquatop 300w titanium
30lbs of dry rock

Where did you place your wavemaker?

wtbusername

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Fluval Flex 32.5
Icecap ATO
Aquatop 300w titanium
30lbs of dry rock

wtbusername

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone with the Flex 32.5 Marine please help me out
I need to know the information on the Power Supply for the LED LIGHTS
so I can buy the adapter locally
Volts?
Watts?
Amps?
any if you know the light connection end that may help im pretty sure its the same as the Fresh water version
Would really help me out if someone can do this for me =)

AirIck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm a noob here! My tank has been running for about a month now and I have been researching when to change out the media. I have a question that may seem dumb for experienced hobbyists, but I want to make sure I do not destroy my newly cycled tank when the time comes. The packaging for the media says do not replace all media at the same time. Does this mean that I only replace 1 chamber at a time OR do I replace the carbon on both sides, then wait, and at another point in time replace the biomax for both? I apologize for sounding stupid!!

AirIck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a newly cycled tank and completed my first water change over a week ago. I tested my parameters today and noticed my PH level rose from 8 to 8.2 to 8.5 in a span of 5 days. I use the Hanna PH 2 pt tester (red one that cost about $40). All other levels are good (except alkalinity that is high). However, I only have 2 clowns in the tank right now with live rock. I am no where close to being ready/experienced for corals.

My question: Should I be concerned my PH level is rising this fast within 5 days? Is 8.5 bad? Is there anything I can do to lower the PH level or prevent it from possibly rising to more dangerous levels? Also, I have not changed any filter media (I have a Fluval Flex 32.5) that came with Carbon in the top container and BioMax in the bottom container. I did replace the media foam with Intank Media baskets this morning as I heard the baskets were an upgrade from the styrofoam. Please advise!

OP
OP
S

Soryu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a newly cycled tank and completed my first water change over a week ago. I tested my parameters today and noticed my PH level rose from 8 to 8.2 to 8.5 in a span of 5 days. I use the Hanna PH 2 pt tester (red one that cost about $40). All other levels are good (except alkalinity that is high). However, I only have 2 clowns in the tank right now with live rock. I am no where close to being ready/experienced for corals.

My question: Should I be concerned my PH level is rising this fast within 5 days? Is 8.5 bad? Is there anything I can do to lower the PH level or prevent it from possibly rising to more dangerous levels? Also, I have not changed any filter media (I have a Fluval Flex 32.5) that came with Carbon in the top container and BioMax in the bottom container. I did replace the media foam with Intank Media baskets this morning as I heard the baskets were an upgrade from the styrofoam. Please advise!
So in regards to your Ph question, I would not be concerned too much. In the grand scheme of things Ph can swing for any number of reasons. Opening a window in your house in winter time can raise Ph .2-.4 Same with time of day, if your lights were on for one test and off for another test it can make it swing too. I use air from the outside for my skimmer and keep my fuge lights on at night to smooth out PH swings.

As far as the media, if you follow the 1lb of rock to 1gallon of water rule I wouldn't concern yourself with the media baskets. If you have the bio pellets in the baskets, just don't touch them. I run a filter pad, filter floss, and carbon. I change the floss and pads every 3 days, the carbon once a month, and I never touch the bio pellets.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back