brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t own one which is ironic / agreed

did see the thread was hoping an owner would chime in

The reason I don’t own one is because friends who do own them run the cycle proofing, they report in pattern what goes down across tanks

I never had to own one to get their handy data

Im positive any YouTube setup video w answer it but truly I’m not sure. Never even seen one in person, yet I’m their top salesman self appointed; the internet has many conflicts :)

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in my opinion the key portion left to discover is whether or not untested tanks who also setup giant rocks stacks in the middle of the display and circulate water fast across surfaces behave with any different cycle control dynamics than tanks we can verify on seneye

old cycling science says each tank is subject to highly varied cycling outcomes-you must test each tank individually to know when its ready, to predict it's start date.

new cycling science says we're all connected, in scale, even a 1 gallon pico reef or a 1000 gallon display pro setup and even if there's no ammonia testing, we know what rock stacks can do - in any container.

its fun that we get to make predictions and then let the advent of digital nh3 testing take over the hobby and be the ultimate claims filter about predictions. So many hundreds/thousands of seneye measurement logs are available for the scoping we can learn all about bottle bac, live rock skip cycles, tank transfer cycles etc.

all from never owning the gear :)

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Acidspeedzero

Youll have to scope out a youtube video on slide preps (48 hour soak) and then insertion and unit calibration/sorry I never picked up that part.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back