Seneye par meter.

Sudaien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running to seneye par meter in my tank.
And for some reason it reads everything accurately but it will not read par readings at all I have no idea why anybody had any problem like this or know what could be causing it?

PXL_20201230_013337651.jpg

OP
OP
Sudaien

Sudaien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes . It was not a stupid question lol
It does not matter where I put it or how I hold it It reads zero par I don't understand what I could possibly be doing wrong. I'm sure I'm just being stupid but I can't figure it out

Attachments

• PXL_20201230_013653161.jpg
    PXL_20201230_013653161.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 42

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running to seneye par meter in my tank.
And for some reason it reads everything accurately but it will not read par readings at all I have no idea why anybody had any problem like this or know what could be causing it?

PXL_20201230_013337651.jpg
50 lux is about zero par.

Anyways try rebooting w/ seneye attached.
I've had intermittent glitches like this in usb ports.

Reads temp..no par readings.
Never had it do this on my tower but on win tablets and laptops I have.

OP
OP
Sudaien

Sudaien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50 lux is about zero par.

Anyways try rebooting w/ seneye attached.
I've had intermittent glitches like this in usb ports.

Reads temp..no par readings.
Never had it do this on my tower but on win tablets and laptops I have.
Still nothing on par. I don't get it. Sigh. I rebooted everything even wasted an insert changing it out .

Attachments

• PXL_20201230_015549564.jpg
    PXL_20201230_015549564.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 27
  • PXL_20201230_015533912.jpg
    PXL_20201230_015533912.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 31

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still nothing on par. I don't get it. Sigh. I rebooted everything even wasted an insert changing it out .
Well inserts seem to be working..
Only suggestion now is switch usb ports
and/or remove reinstall software software is unlikely but?? Had numerous fights with it myself esp. on win10 tablet.
Program soft crashes a lot.

Did you try logging in on line instead of the program??

Out of curiosity is the laptop a Sony?

Tracey Leeds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Seneye. Just used it tonight. Before you run the software, make sure the sensor is in the water and plugged into the computer. If it still won't read after running the software, enter your Task Manager, find the Seneye app and force it closed. Now reboot the software. When it comes up you should see a screen stating that Seneye is "getting things ready" and it will take a moment. That's how I know it's going to work.

OP
OP
Sudaien

Sudaien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well inserts seem to be working..
Only suggestion now is switch usb ports
and/or remove reinstall software software is unlikely but?? Had numerous fights with it myself esp. on win10 tablet.
Program soft crashes a lot.

Did you try logging in on line instead of the program??

Out of curiosity is the laptop a Sony?
Laptop is not sony. And is top of the line as far as things go. I'll try to reinstall the software and see what happens thank you I'll let you know in a minute

OP
OP
Sudaien

Sudaien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laptop is not sony. And is top of the line as far as things go. I'll try to reinstall the software and see what happens thank you I'll let you know in a minute I reinstalled the software it didn't Make any difference I still have zero power readings I haven't turned my lights completely up as high as they would go to see lux readings went up but par reading stayed at zero

OP
OP
Sudaien

Sudaien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Seneye. Just used it tonight. Before you run the software, make sure the sensor is in the water and plugged into the computer. If it still won't read after running the software, enter your Task Manager, find the Seneye app and force it closed. Now reboot the software. When it comes up you should see a screen stating that Seneye is "getting things ready" and it will take a moment. That's how I know it's going to work.

hey_hey_heeyyyyyy!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did everything and it did everything exactly as you said it would except still no par readings. Sigh
It doesn't do a constant par reading the way it does Ph, temp, etc. You have to hold it with the sensor facing the light at the point in the tank you want to test.

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't do a constant par reading the way it does Ph, temp, etc. You have to hold it with the sensor facing the light at the point in the tank you want to test.
Seriously!!!??? You mean it only snapshots PAR and you can't move it around the tank to check various levels as it's moving?
If that's true, then I owe you big time because I just changed my mind about buying one.

OP
OP
Sudaien

Sudaien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously!!!??? You mean it only snapshots PAR and you can't move it around the tank to check various levels as it's moving?
If that's true, then I owe you big time because I just changed my mind about buying one.
No the part changes as you move the meter. But you have to have the meter facing straight up at the lights you can't have it just stuck to the side of the tank

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back