OP
OP
Sudaien

Sudaien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the part changes as you move the meter. But you have to have the meter facing straight up at the lights you can't have it just stuck to the side of the tank
The par changes I meant to say. Wherever you move it to it constantly changes. It's actually a pretty nice device now that I can know how to use it properly

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously!!!??? You mean it only snapshots PAR and you can't move it around the tank to check various levels as it's moving?
If that's true, then I owe you big time because I just changed my mind about buying one.
No the sensor is fairly directional and must sort of be pointed. Readings are fairly instantaneous..

hey_hey_heeyyyyyy!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously!!!??? You mean it only snapshots PAR and you can't move it around the tank to check various levels as it's moving?
If that's true, then I owe you big time because I just changed my mind about buying one.
It does what you want (I think) but doesn't provide a reading while stuck to the side of the tank. There isn't direct light.

So yes, you can move it around to get a reading. You can also take snapshots using the app on a laptop to record the reading in your history.

It's still well worth it. After acclimating my LPS in the sandbed, I check where I plan to put them with the Seneye to be sure they get good light.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just figured wherever that light was It would read the par in that particular spot lol
Well I did say 50 Lux was zero par..
Sorry for the not catching on to the fact you weren't really pointing the Seneye
Seneye is not cosine corrected.

6849433_orig.png

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back