Seneye Reef vs. Apogee SQ-200

Yazannreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Honestly everyone that owns one and can't get thier #s right should send them an email for replacement or refund! If everyone does that then they will have to comply or else thier brand goes to ****

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This whole issue with seneye v2 needs to be made known. When I bought mine, none of the par issues were being talked about. If I would have known, I would have bought the mq210 instead.

All of this comes to light months after I received mine. Oh well.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly everyone that owns one and can't get thier #s right should send them an email for replacement or refund! If everyone does that then they will have to comply or else thier brand goes to ****
Thats a good idea. I'll remap my par tomorrow and send an email. I'm pretty steamed about the product.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then it's not worth the $200 you pay for it if you have to work for it and guess what the values are!!
You can get yourself an mq210 for $275 and be done with it. Just my opinion.
It's not guessing, just some simple math. :2
And the Seneye is much more than just a PAR meter like the MQ210.

By the way, i'll bet it's a firmware bug. BRSTV will find out.

Yazannreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It's not guessing, just some simple math. :2
And the Seneye is much more than just a PAR meter like the MQ210.

By the way, i'll bet it's a firmware bug. BRSTV will find out.
If it's *2 then I don't trust it. I hope they can find the root cause and be done with it. Just trying to help here.
I have nothing against Seneye as I owned one in the past and was accurate. Just these new ones apparently giving people problems.

Yazannreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This whole issue with seneye v2 needs to be made known. When I bought mine, none of the par issues were being talked about. If I would have known, I would have bought the mq210 instead.

All of this comes to light months after I received mine. Oh well.
Don't feel bummed. To every problem there is a solution. You can go by the *2 for now till they figure out the issue. I admit it is more than a par meter which is cool. They just need to get it together and figure out the problem.
I wish I had the new one by the way, maybe just flashing it with the old firmware would solve the issue. We will see what BRStv finds out next week.

OP
OP
Rando

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a replacement for my Seneye V2. It took forever until customs released it and it could be delivered to me. The seneye service is really super fast and nice.
I have now received a V6, but unfortunately this device is not recognized by the Seneye software. That's why I couldn't test it. I told the support once .. let's see ..

OP
OP
Rando

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, seneye has reported and now the new device works. I had an MQ-510 here a few days ago and had noted the measured values. The PAR of the Seneye comes very close to the MQ-510. It measures more precisely than my MQ-200. perfect for my needs.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, seneye has reported and now the new device works. I had an MQ-510 here a few days ago and had noted the measured values. The PAR of the Seneye comes very close to the MQ-510. It measures more precisely than my MQ-200. perfect for my needs.
That's interesting. You don't have a V2 but a V6??? How does the box look like. Could you post a picture of the box?

If you really have a new revision (V6?) with correct PAR numbers then we have a new interesting chapter in the matter.

OP
OP
Rando

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it sent like that. it's a V6

1631875561107.jpeg

1631875582119.jpeg

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reference, I have a V2 bought in 2018 that does not have the issue of high PAR readings.
Which firmware version does it run? I have a V2 from early this year and do have the high reading issue, it runs firmware version 4.0.6

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rando

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe in a firmware fix. if so, seneye would not have bothered to send me a new device. I also communicated the errors extensively with the support and they consulted the tenic team. that will probably be the hardware.

the firmware: V6 - 6.0.2 and V2 - 4.0.6

Last edited:

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe in a firmware fix. if so, seneye would not have bothered to send me a new device. I also communicated the errors extensively with the support and they consulted the tenic team. that will probably be the hardware.

the firmware: V6 - 6.0.2 and V2 - 4.0.6
You could be right. Just had an email conversation with Seneye and they tried to flash my device with 4.0.8 (i had 4.0.6), but this didn't help to solve the twice as high reading. The problem still there. The 6.0.2 version you're talking about seems specifically for the latest V6.

Seneye asked me to send mine to England to investigate.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could be right. Just had an email conversation with Seneye and they tried to flash my device with 4.0.8 (i had 4.0.6), but this didn't help to solve the twice as high reading. The problem still there. The 6.0.2 version you're talking about seems specifically for the latest V6.

Seneye asked me to send mine to England to investigate.
Okay breaking news! Had to reboot the device and now it's fixed! Par readings looking good now.

So owners of a crippled Seneye, look for firmware 4.0.8 and reboot after the flashing, this should solve the issue.

OP
OP
Rando

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once connected the V2 Seneye but no new firmware is displayed.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 27 14.3%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.9%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 32 16.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 95 50.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back