Seneye Support

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody dealt with them before? Are they reliable? I have a bricked Seneye Reef and they said they would replace it, now I haven't heard from them since Friday morning and they haven't answered any emails. I can't return it, manufacturer seal is broken, and since the company is in the UK there's not much I can do but hope they follow through. Dealing with them has been a long slow painful process so maybe they are working on getting me a new one sent out. If they are I don't see why they couldn't assuage my fears and confirm one is being sent. What's the general consensus on them?

Last edited:

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only via email. They answered the next day and were apologetic that their packaging stated incorrect system requirements. Not really anything they could do for me though so that was it. Curious if this ever got resolved?

OP
OP
StlSalt

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only via email. They answered the next day and were apologetic that their packaging stated incorrect system requirements. Not really anything they could do for me though so that was it. Curious if this ever got resolved?
So I got my seneye on 11/26 and was trying to set it up. The software told me to unplug and re-plug in the USB connector. When I plugged it back in Windows would give an error that the device malfunctioned. I knew it was bricked, but I contacted support so they could do their thing. I thought maybe they could push the old firmware back out to it or something. Their support was super nice, email only, but they were painfully slow. One email a day then they'd miss one of my emails and I'd have to prompt them with another email which meant another day waiting for a reply. Finally on 12/2 they remoted into my laptop and declared it dead. So they say they'll ask the vendor I bought it from to send me a new one. Then came a week of blaming the vendor for not responding to their email. So I called the vendor I bought it from and they said they would contact Seneye and send another one out. In the mean time Seneye says they can't reach the vendor and they'll send one from the UK to their N. American distributor, In Canada, who will send it to me. In the mean time the vendor and seneye finally get together and now the vendor is sending me one too. I'm still waiting for it but it might actually be here today. I'm sure Seneye will recall the other one, which is fine. Two would be nice though. My almost unintelligible rant above was at the height of my frustration.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my seneye on 11/26 and was trying to set it up. The software told me to unplug and re-plug in the USB connector. When I plugged it back in Windows would give an error that the device malfunctioned. I knew it was bricked, but I contacted support so they could do their thing. I thought maybe they could push the old firmware back out to it or something. Their support was super nice, email only, but they were painfully slow. One email a day then they'd miss one of my emails and I'd have to prompt them with another email which meant another day waiting for a reply. Finally on 12/2 they remoted into my laptop and declared it dead. So they say they'll ask the vendor I bought it from to send me a new one. Then came a week of blaming the vendor for not responding to their email. So I called the vendor I bought it from and they said they would contact Seneye and send another one out. In the mean time Seneye says they can't reach the vendor and they'll send one from the UK to their N. American distributor, In Canada, who will send it to me. In the mean time the vendor and seneye finally get together and now the vendor is sending me one too. I'm still waiting for it but it might actually be here today. I'm sure Seneye will recall the other one, which is fine. Two would be nice though. My almost unintelligible rant above was at the height of my frustration.
That is super frustrating! Glad it's almost resolved though. The software does seem a bit buggy - I had trouble even getting it to open and then the unit kept throwing errors until I put it in water and redid the setup. Seemed fine at that point and did a very good job of checking my PAR, which is the main reason I got it.

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The response time is because of the time difference, of course. But yes, it does make it frustrating!

OP
OP
StlSalt

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm up pretty early and I'd send them emails at noon their time, that gives them 5 hours for a response, but I get that. I'll just be happy when I can finally get some PAR numbers for my tank. I want to get a clam and have it succeed.

gray808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my SenEye last week. I used the BRS win-stick method (really a small Wintel Pro box). Everything looks like it's fine, but when I plug it in, it fails to connect to the cloud.
I contacted them, and they gave me a test program to run.
After seeing the log results of that, they said the next step was to install a remote-access app on the Wintel box, and set up a time that they could log in remotely and we could work on it together. With my being on PST, the only time that works is 8am :/

They seem to be trying, but until the dang thing is working, I'm kinda frustrated.

--Gray

OP
OP
StlSalt

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my SenEye last week. I used the BRS win-stick method (really a small Wintel Pro box). Everything looks like it's fine, but when I plug it in, it fails to connect to the cloud.
I contacted them, and they gave me a test program to run.
After seeing the log results of that, they said the next step was to install a remote-access app on the Wintel box, and set up a time that they could log in remotely and we could work on it together. With my being on PST, the only time that works is 8am :/

They seem to be trying, but until the dang thing is working, I'm kinda frustrated.

--Gray
That sounds familiar. Took them 3 days to finally connect. They eventually made things right by me, but progress was sooooooo slowwwwwww. Then they decided to send me a new one and that took awhile. All told it was over a month from start to conclusion dealing with their support.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back