Seneye ???

Eric23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been thinking about picking up a par meter and after watching the Bulk Reef Supply videos it seems like the seneye is accurate enough to get a basic idea of what I have in my tanks. The biotek par meter is about the same price but the seneye will measure temperature pH and ammonia as well.. I'm just curious to know if anyone has experience with it ? I haven't seen a ton of reviews..

Bronx19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use one purely for the PAR meter, the rest is useless. Works well.

Only gripe is that they changed it so you HAVE to have a new slide inserted to be able to use the other features. Before the app you could use the old one as long as you liked even if it wasn't 100% accurate.

AQD-Seneye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
We now sponsor R2R so if you have any questions please come to our forum at AQD_Seneye here or just drop me a line at [email protected] We also have a number of excellent R2R sponsors carrying Seneye including Premium Aquatics and Saltwater Aquarium and Marine Depot, lots of places to purchase from now!

In regards to slide replacement, Seneye is a huge advocate of accuracy, the devices are designed to be able to provide critical alerts to parameters that could crash your tank or kill your fish if were to get out of control so to have accuracy is key, this is achieved by the reference slides being replaced once a month. Hope that helps.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one on my tank , and I love it , I use it for ph and leak detector as well as temp .. and of course the par meter !! Very happy with mine .. can highly recommend one !!

F018B867-95D9-4C22-BE3B-61843BE6C05D.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Eric23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed I really like my seneye I initially bought it for the par meter but I love being able to check the temp in my tank while I'm at work and since I have a calcium reactor set up it's nice to keep an eye on pH as well.

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
We now sponsor R2R so if you have any questions please come to our forum at AQD_Seneye here or just drop me a line at [email protected] We also have a number of excellent R2R sponsors carrying Seneye including Premium Aquatics and Saltwater Aquarium and Marine Depot, lots of places to purchase from now!

In regards to slide replacement, Seneye is a huge advocate of accuracy, the devices are designed to be able to provide critical alerts to parameters that could crash your tank or kill your fish if were to get out of control so to have accuracy is key, this is achieved by the reference slides being replaced once a month. Hope that helps.
Are you saying that the slide replacement now is mandatory for reading temp and par ?

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the slides are for the ph and ammonia, you don’t need one for the par meter !
Yes that was my understanding too , but connecting @Bronx19 and @AQD-Seneye response , i was getting the feeling the chip is mandatory for other readings - i hope not - cos i just got a second one only for my refugium to do some extra automation

AQD-Seneye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that was my understanding too , but connecting @Bronx19 and @AQD-Seneye response , i was getting the feeling the chip is mandatory for other readings - i hope not - cos i just got a second one only for my refugium to do some extra automation

No it is not required, if you do not want the critical fish saving features then you dont need the slides ;) The slides are reference units to keep the pH and Ammonia readings accurate over a 30 day period, the slide has no use in both Temp and light meter and as such not required.

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes this is correct, if you do not want pH and Ammonia then you dont need a slide. The unit then becomes one of the most accurate underwater light meters on the market today for $199.00 !!! ;)
AaaaH , I was about to call 911 thinking im having a heartattack , you @AQD-Seneye just responded with a defibrillator thanks

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
W
AaaaH , I was about to call 911 thinking im having a heartattack , you @AQD-Seneye just responded with a defibrillator thanks
which is why R2R is the best reef forum this side of the Milky Way !!!:p:D

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 61 33.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back