September 2018 Meeting

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

It is time to get ready for our first meeting of the season. For convenience factor of finding someone to host, I will host this meeting.

The meeting will be September 2nd from 6-8 at my place, as always, if you would like to come please pm for the address as we will never post an address openly. This also serves as a head count for snacks served at the meeting.

This meeting will be primarily aimed at planning out this year's meeting including topics and hosts. If you are willing to host a meeting please let us know by posting here in the thread. Also post any topics you would like to learn about or be willing to teach.

Please help us grow and maintain the club by extending the invitation to any friends you have that are part of, or interested in, the hobby.

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

It is time to get ready for our first meeting of the season. For convenience factor of finding someone to host, I will host this meeting.

The meeting will be September 2nd from 6-8 at my place, as always, if you would like to come please pm for the address as we will never post an address openly. This also serves as a head count for snacks served at the meeting.

This meeting will be primarily aimed at planning out this year's meeting including topics and hosts. If you are willing to host a meeting please let us know by posting here in the thread. Also post any topics you would like to learn about or be willing to teach.

Please help us grow and maintain the club by extending the invitation to any friends you have that are part of, or interested in, the hobby.

Great....I plan to be there...I would like to host a meeting with the topic of Monitoring and Measuring Your Reef

Other topics that might be fun and helpful
Quarantine Procedures
How to on Fragging
DYI Project that Help your Reefing Life---Might be interesting for each person to bring one idea to share
Coral Placement...Thoughts Ideas Lessons Learned
Tank Husbandry---Trick and Tips

These are a few that came to mind for me

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great....I plan to be there...I would like to host a meeting with the topic of Monitoring and Measuring Your Reef

Quarantine Procedures
How to on Fragging
DYI Project that Help your Reefing Life---Might be interesting for each person to bring one idea to share

Thanks for the ideas, we will start a running list

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Quarantine Procedures
How to on Fragging

Thanks for the ideas, we will start a running list

Lui1521

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

My wife gave birth 5 days ago so we’ll be skipping this one.

Topics that I would like to learn:

-How to upgrade to a bigger tank (transfer, cycling etc)
-plumbing
-setting up an auto water change
-lighting
-hurricane preparedness

Here’s a pic of our newborn on his birthday weighing 5 lbs 10 oz.

1BED9E6A-DBAD-42C8-96E2-389D221E48D4.jpeg

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife gave birth 5 days ago so we’ll be skipping this one.

Topics that I would like to learn:

-How to upgrade to a bigger tank (transfer, cycling etc)
-plumbing
-setting up an auto water change
-lighting
-hurricane preparedness

Here’s a pic of our newborn on his birthday weighing 5 lbs 10 oz.

1BED9E6A-DBAD-42C8-96E2-389D221E48D4.jpeg

Beautiful... what name did you give to him

G8rNation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll be there. I’m always down to host at my place but encourage others to step up and host. Not that I’m getting tired of going to Jeremy and Ed’s [emoji23]

Lui1521

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Quarantine Procedures
How to on Fragging

I can host in November for setting up a calcium reactor with or without an apex.

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@G8rNation what are your thoughts? Don't let your kid get too attached to one fish?

Good luck with that one...I believe this to be an impossible task...my granddaughter (5) is attached to every one of them...If one of them is hiding she wants to know where it is..."Is it ok" she asks in a very concerned voice?...

Lui1521

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha ya. Zuri still holds resentment towards me for the solar wrasse disappearing

Hopefully he won’t get too attached to the fishes. My fishes seems to always pull a disappearing aact on me. One of them still lives and thrives in my overflow.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back