Serial Jumper - Still Swimming

How many jumps has your dumbest fish survived?

• Total voters

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A dot-dash wrasse I've had for only a few months is a maniac.

He's not a stealth jumper, the kind you find behind the tank a week after the fact. Twice now, he's jumped straight out of the front of the tank as I'm standing at it with the door open... landed at my feet both times. Though I'm very new, if this keeps up, I'm likely to hold some sort of record for a fish surviving multiple jumps.

What's the greatest number of carpet surfing incidents your (still living) fish survived (or a great story of a Houdini who tried one too many great escapes).

29-goldfish-on-floor.jpg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a carpenters wrasse jump out. he didn't make it. because he did it at night and I didnt find him until the next day :(

JP Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a royal gramma that I had in my 20L that jumped the same day I purchased the materials to build a screen top. Came home and he was dead.

I had it for several weeks, and was concerned about not having a lid. He couldn't have picked a better/worst time to jump.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wrasses take flight once in a blue moon. That's why I call my canopy the "Wrasse aviary"! Lol

Never any damage, just get spooked, fly, sometimes bounce off the canopy and back in.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had just cut and fit my screen top with a friend. There is an opening in the back of the screen for my auto feeder.

Placed the lid and my friend and I sat dow to just stare at the tank for a bit.

My pink spot goby shot from the front left of the tank to the back right and shot right up out of the feeder opening!

Landed on the floor, picked him up and threw him back in. Then my friend and I looked at each other and busted out laughing.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had just cut and fit my screen top with a friend. There is an opening in the back of the screen for my auto feeder.

Placed the lid and my friend and I sat dow to just stare at the tank for a bit.

My pink spot goby shot from the front left of the tank to the back right and shot right up out of the feeder opening!

Landed on the floor, picked him up and threw him back in. Then my friend and I looked at each other and busted out laughing.

I would have picked him up and looked him in the eyes and said "don't do that again"! :D

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%

Back