Servo's 850 gallon Upgrade

Neil Fox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that was like a 5 year project! I hope you aren't planning on moving! It looks really great. I couldn't help thinking how much lighting has improved since you started this...

olaggie01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome update Ryan. Definitely need to stop over the next time I'm in Dallas. Great idea with the RO/DI and pool.

Toomnymods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice setup, would love to check it out sometime.. did you ever add any sand to the display tank? Are you going sps? or fowlr?

OP
OP
Servo

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is primary an SPS dominated tank. I have updated pics and further adventures to post soon.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow man just wow! Your home and tank is epic!

PS. Can you go back and fix the missing images in this thread so I can share via FB? :)

OP
OP
Servo

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow man just wow! Your home and tank is epic!

PS. Can you go back and fix the missing images in this thread so I can share via FB? :)

Thank you for the kind words! As you know to do it right takes time patience and more patience. I'll share the tribulations soon. It's taken me some time to gain strength.

I've done the house work you asked ;)

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOPEFULLY, things will start to take shape with this soon. The builder that I contracted with is sadly for us a borderline criminal. I've been trying to stay out of court and get this house done. The good news is that I think I see light, the bad news is he is an A55H013 :) The FRP has been installed in the room. I wanted to have the walls completely waterproof and that was the best way to go. The tank has been sitting on the stand in the room for what seems like years. It will need to be moved into place, however I expect that next week the front access panel will be fabricated and the lift with the actuators will be installed. Thats sounds really great, but the builder failed to listen to the requirements of the build. This as well as another project in the house will have to have a "best solution". To have the actuators exposed to the NaCl water isn't a best solution to me. And to think, I vetted this guy.

The front of it will have removable stone fixed to these steel beams. This will provide the ability to place the catwalk into the wall.

Once the actuator and the access panel is in place, the tank should be moved into place and I can get it cleaned out and start to plumb the thing. So last year, I ended up buying 2 Hammerhead and 1 Dart Gold Hybrid pumps for the instal. I have opted to go with Abyzz for the quality, performance, warranty and efficiency and energy use. Looks like I'll have 3 pumps in the box to sell.
I heard the dart seals leaks. The 2 I know of went with vertex pumps and 1 had 2 closed loop and 1 return. But from what I see I don't know anything compared 2 u.

OP
OP
Servo

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard the dart seals leaks. The 2 I know of went with vertex pumps and 1 had 2 closed loop and 1 return. But from what I see I don't know anything compared 2 u.

Yes. I never used any of these pumps. I went with Abyzz pumps. I purchased these before the Abyzz launched to the US market.
02430d149c4979bb4603c5fa45a58ada.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for the kind words! As you know to do it right takes time patience and more patience. I'll share the tribulations soon. It's taken me some time to gain strength.

I've done the house work you asked ;)

Thank you Dr....now add an avatar! HA!

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible build!! I am in the planning stages of a similar size tank for my "new" house.. however i'll be doing mine in reverse of you as i'll be going from having indoor tanks to the new one being in my garage with the front panel in wall of my living room.. So i'd be interested to see not only an updated video of this tank and fish room but any details/images etc.. of your old one and things you learned from having it in the garage in Texas.. I'm in OKC so its not that far off in weather..

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back