ZanaZoola14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am looking to set up a 35 gallon, 140ltr tank. (length x width x height Inches — 36x15x15, cm — 90x40x40 approx)
This tank is pre-drilled for a sump, and I have a space below the tank (inches — 30x17x24, cm — 76x45x60), to include the sump, ato and anything else that might be needed/recommended.

This would be with a sand bed of at least two inches of live sand (any deeper bottom layers being dry sand), and a mixture between dry and wet live rock initially. Any corals for the tank are likely to just be zoes and softies, like my 9 gallon, 35ltr, tank.

I currently breed a lot of livefood, both for my smaller tank and for my freshwater tanks I have. These include daphnia, grindle worms, vinegar eels, microworms, bbs, and looking to set up a tank for copepods as well.

I make my own saltwater as I have an RO/DI unit.

I am wondering what would be suitable for this tank? Especially considering I am still reasonably new to keeping saltwater tanks.

The only ones for sure are
1x Cleaner Shrimp (the reason I wanted a saltwater tank since I first saw one as a kid)
1x Royal Gramma (the condition of getting help moving the tank around and setting it up (still like them, so no issue for me))

Possibilities I am thinking of
1x Goby/Shrimp pair
1x Jawfish

Fish that I know I am not interested in, no matter how many have tried to persuade me otherwise.
Clownfish

Any help would be greatly appreciated, whether that be about the stockings, or maybe even what rock amount or preferred sands.
Thanks

wculver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am looking to set up a 35 gallon, 140ltr tank. (length x width x height Inches — 36x15x15, cm — 90x40x40 approx)
This tank is pre-drilled for a sump, and I have a space below the tank (inches — 30x17x24, cm — 76x45x60), to include the sump, ato and anything else that might be needed/recommended.

This would be with a sand bed of at least two inches of live sand (any deeper bottom layers being dry sand), and a mixture between dry and wet live rock initially. Any corals for the tank are likely to just be zoes and softies, like my 9 gallon, 35ltr, tank.

I currently breed a lot of livefood, both for my smaller tank and for my freshwater tanks I have. These include daphnia, grindle worms, vinegar eels, microworms, bbs, and looking to set up a tank for copepods as well.

I make my own saltwater as I have an RO/DI unit.

I am wondering what would be suitable for this tank? Especially considering I am still reasonably new to keeping saltwater tanks.

The only ones for sure are
1x Cleaner Shrimp (the reason I wanted a saltwater tank since I first saw one as a kid)
1x Royal Gramma (the condition of getting help moving the tank around and setting it up (still like them, so no issue for me))

Possibilities I am thinking of
1x Goby/Shrimp pair
1x Jawfish

Fish that I know I am not interested in, no matter how many have tried to persuade me otherwise.
Clownfish

Any help would be greatly appreciated, whether that be about the stockings, or maybe even what rock amount or preferred sands.
Thanks
You could stock the tank with what you describe in this post for a 35 gallon. I'm not sure if you plan on keeping coral also, but either way may consider waste transport for N and P. If you have the space in the sump to mount a small bio pellet reactor I would suggest consdering adding one rather than just relying on water changes to manage nutrients.

2020 Worst Year

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What jawfish are you interested in if you message finestaquatics on facebook they will be able to get you a blue spotted jawfish

OP
OP
ZanaZoola14

ZanaZoola14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could stock the tank with what you describe in this post for a 35 gallon. I'm not sure if you plan on keeping coral also, but either way may consider waste transport for N and P. If you have the space in the sump to mount a small bio pellet reactor I would suggest consdering adding one rather than just relying on water changes to manage nutrients.
Currently, looking on softies and zoe for corals, might slowly progress further depending on how those go.

I should have the space, considering at the moment this is completely not done yet, only got the tank not yet the sump situation.

Any stocking you might recommend, even if towards the cuc?

Thanks!

OP
OP
ZanaZoola14

ZanaZoola14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What jawfish are you interested in if you message finestaquatics on facebook they will be able to get you a blue spotted jawfish
Not entirely sure yet on what one in particular, they've just all really caught my eye. Maybe the yellowhead? I guess it would be one that would be able to work with the size tank I have.

Thanks for the help!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back