Setting up a 20long

fastest302

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2014
Messages
643
Reaction score
359
Location
Danbury, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I'm thinking of setting up another tank 20 long.. Miss my old 120 setup so want to do something small.. I'm thinking of getting it drilled for sump what sump options would I have for that setup?
 
My 120 wasn't a great set up and hoping to learn from my mistakes and I want to get a real nice reef setup going
 
You could look for pre made or go baffle less using live rock to create "chambers". Also, I believe the CTARS May meeting is all about sumps, so you can learn a bunch about them!
 
I can't make a sump is there any forsale that size??
I have a precision marine sump that is 20"x10"x12" (I will double check the dimensions) with 3 chambers.

$75 Never been used.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1459154741.931779.jpg
 
I have a precision marine sump that is 20"x10"x12" (I will double check the dimensions) with 3 chambers.

$75 Never been used.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1459154741.931779.jpg
Thanks Jason I'm gonna see if it fits that stand from the bow tank lol the tank ended u scrap couldn't find a brace for it so gonna use the stand for this one
 
Hey Jason I believe this is gonna work..
Ok I checked and the dimensions are right. The only odd thing with this sump is it has a bulkhead opening with a drain elbow on the back of the sump. Look on the back left of the picture.
 
Let me know if you want to meet up sometime this week. I work in Cheshire and could meet you out closer to you. Just shoot me a text.
 
Let me know if you want to meet up sometime this week. I work in Cheshire and could meet you out closer to you. Just shoot me a text.
sounds good hopefully I can find somebody to drill the tank around my area..i have somebody in Plainville that will do it but that's a 2 hr drive for me
 
I do it all the time and it's very simple as long as the glass in not tempered.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new