Setting UP A Tank At My School!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Baby Ray
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2015
Messages
2,895
Reaction score
1,664
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!!!
If you don't know me already my name is Judson Faulconer and I am 14. I was elected as the co-president of the student body for my 8th grade year and my big project is to set up a tank at my school. It is going to be a 20 long with softies and some LPS. I will also have a couple of fish and inverts. I just want to share this build with everyone in the Reef2Reef community so here it goes.

Here is my list of what I have and what I am missing-

Light- Donated!!
f348a36f93628901fe286c535f7e34cf_thumb.jpg

e87623a75101259538ff054cf9fc69e4_thumb.jpg


Return pump- Donated!!
ad7bf3711c7d75a9dd62003cfc71eba9_thumb.jpg

586174d52ccacf2f70119a9f8420ebe0_thumb.jpg


20 long drilled- Donated!!
297c8fd5a7527ed378fc83fbcc017faa_thumb.jpg


10 gallon sump- Donated!! (I am only using one baffle as a bubble trap)
5ebfd56a82debec8bf616d021b9868c0_thumb.jpg


Plumbing and etc- Donated!!
ddd30e78dd6835b1f0f1d83ea61acb5b_thumb.jpg


Automatic feeder-Donated!!!
(Don't have a pic)

Skimmer-Need it

Powerhead- need it

Heater-need it

ATO- need it

I hope you enjoy this build!!
 
Good job with raising the funds and putting this project together.
 
We are going to paint the back of the tank black. Would you recommend any type of paint or will spray paint work?
Thanks!!
 
Almost done with the stand!! I am going to hit it with some tongue oil and add a couple other modifications. I'll post some pics.
 
Way to go! I have been trying to work with schools in our area to set up tanks too. I think it is wonderful you are heading and supporting this project. Way to go!!!! We need more passionate and driven kids like you to make this world better.
 
Way to go! I have been trying to work with schools in our area to set up tanks too. I think it is wonderful you are heading and supporting this project. Way to go!!!! We need more passionate and driven kids like you to make this world better.
Thank you for your support!! I might also help set up a tank at a local high school! Again, thank you!!
 
I got pictures of the automatic feeder!!
a84e774d0f9ed323aa721d1647d14e47_thumb.jpg

254ac21d7015c17428e5f0ae47af2119_thumb.jpg

Also got some flake food.
e2409c2737f8ffb35a58c5225ac8d313_thumb.jpg


What do you guys think of this skimmer? It seems to work well. I have never heard of this brand but I got it for free and beggars can't be choosers. :p
60f165dfc21b5c8f5c0d3d3ba2e6cd1d_thumb.jpg

cdd57abdd322e5b0528e439a48e25d91_thumb.jpg
 
We are going to try to plumb the tank tomorrow and put fresh water in it to check for leaks!!
 
If this skimmer works out, all I will need is a powerhead, heater, and ATO!!!
 
The stand turn out well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new